Saturday, May 5, 2007
I've been wanting to make this purse for sometime now and today I finally got the chance!! The purse was purchased at Michael's and I used my 40% off coupon!! The paper was bought from R & R Scrapbooking. It is the K & Company McKenna Collection. The chipboard and ribbon is from Stampin'Up! and the flower embellishments are things I had kickin' around. I sort of HAD to put the flower there since I made a boo boo...lol. I laid the purse in some mod podge and it stuck to the table and riped the paper a bit...ugh. The colours are a little off and the flower is not nearly that bright in real life.
First I painted the wooden purse with a green acrylic paint. Then I mod podged some flower pattern paper to the front and back. I took the scraps from that sheet and flipped it to the dots and used it on the sides and the chipboard letter. After it was all dry I sanded the edges. I was thinking of adding some ink to the edges but after my first mishap I decided I better not fiddle too much...haha
Anyway, I quite like how it turned out. If these purses weren't so much money I'd think about doing more of these for gifts or something.
Now I'm off to see what else I can alter today....