Wednesday 12 March 2008

Sketch Challenge and Sample Wedding Invites

Good Afternoon!
Wow, where did the day go? I was super busy most of the day working on some simple card samples for a friend's daughter. I'll get to those in a minute but first I'll show you my card for todays Sketch Challenge on SCS.
This was a VERY easy and quick card to do. I knew I wouldn't have much time to work on it.
I stamped more of those cute birds from CC Designs that you can purchase from All That Scraps. I coloured them in with my Copic markers that I received yesterday!
It's hard to tell in the picture but I used Shimmery White Cardstock.
These next few cards are some that I've made so far for a friend's daughter. She has asked if I could do some card samples for her wedding invites. She looked through the catty and pointed out things she liked. She liked the clean crisp look from what I could tell. So I went with that. Now this is my first time ever doing something big like this so I'm a little nervous. The grooms family is quite well off(millionaires I'm sure), so I was a little shocked when I was asked to make simple invites. The bride is a very well grounded young lady who was brought up by some fantastic parents who taught her that money isn't everything. She'd really like to do a lot of the work herself which is nice to see!! I'll help out however I can!
The colours are Choc Chip, Certainly Celery, Kraft and Shimmery White Cardstock.
I used stamps from SU! and Verve Visual.



Please let me know what you think....
Can't wait to hear what the bride and groom think!

Thanks for stopping by today!

29 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Dawn~ I always smile when I see your creations. You are so talented. Love the trio of cards..and the adorable bird card!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh these are all fabulous! Each one perfect. I love the circle trio so much! So peaceful

Anonymous said...

I like the first or the second of the wedding cards.

Marry for love the first time, money the second - unfortunately, I'm still on my first marriage - ROTFL

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, let me first tell you that I love your blog! I look forward to reading it everyday. I really like your 3rd wedding card, all 3 are great, but #3 is my fav.
-Lori

Anonymous said...

WOW -- they're all great! I like the first two the best...last one seems like it needs the ribbon tied somehow...maybe in the middle, with the ends pointing straight down the middle, too?

But seriously, they're all great! Congrats on being asked for this grand venture! =) Good luck!

Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)

Nancy Riley said...

The bride and groom are going to LOVE these! How will they possibly choose? Awesome job, Dawn!

Mauna said...

I like the first one the best. All of them are great. Calming color combo. I love your blog!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome cards Dawn! I love the birdies and all of the wedding ones are beautiful!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a decision!!
I like all 3. The 2nd one is my choice I guess LOL
Your 'birdie' card is adorable.

Alhambra Club said...

Your birdie card is adorable, those wedding cards are so pretty and elegant, love the first one, that brown ribbon is fantastic.

Marisa said...

Got interrupted and can't remember if I submitted a comment or not - believe not as it hasn't shown up yet.

Anyway, just LOVE your Vevre cards!!! Going to have to case them for sure as I now own this set - yeah!!! Also LOVE the colours you used - two of my fav's.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work - I'm enjoying your blog.

Alli Miles said...

Perfect cards!!! You make it looks so easy...

Anonymous said...

All these cards are beautiful!! (I can't believe you made 4 cards today...I must be the slowest stamper ever!!! :)))

Lesli said...

Beautiful cards - I don't think I can pick a favorite - thanks for sharing!

jjcreations said...

I like your sketch challenge card...cute birds. And I love the browns and greens of your other posts. Beautiful. Joan

Jana Weaver said...

Great cards. the sketch challenge is adorable with the little birds...but the wedding invites are gorgeous! I love the clean simple lines, and the colors are fabulous!! She'll love them.

Rose Ann said...

I love your sweet little birds!! Adorable!

Congratulations on your job to make wedding invitations! They're all very beautiful, so I don't know that I can choose a favorite. They wouldn't go wrong with any of them!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards all three!! But my absolute favorite is the 2nd or middle card. That is one of my all time favorite sketches.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great set of cards! Love the lay-outs and colors... I especially like the birdy card... TFS!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful! love your colorful love birds and i adore those card designs you did with the leaves..great colors AND layouts....great job!

Dorothy said...

I love the first wedding incite card the best!!! Really pretty with the brown ribbon. I also like your little birdie card, too!
Thank you for sharing!
Dorothy

Alex said...

That bird card is adorable Dawn! As for the wedding invites, they are both gorgeous, but if I had to choose, it would be the first one! I love them both though and she will too - you are SOOOOOO talented, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh -- these cards are fabulous! How can they possibly choose one? The colors and layouts are just perfect!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZIE GF! Busy busy little bee you are .. Just beautiful cards
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Deb said...

Love the little birdies and these wedding invites are so beautiful. I love the colour but I would find it hard to pick out one, they are all stunning!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS cards! Love the colors, the stamps! :) Everything!

Tracy.H said...

These are beautiful!!! I love love love this color combo! :0)

Anonymous said...

You really can't go wrong with any of them but I really like the first one the best for a wedding. Great job.

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful...love the simplicity and those colors! If I had to pick, it would be the first. ;)