Saturday 1 March 2008

Summer Picnics

Happy Saturday!
It's a beautiful day here. The sun is shining the skies are blue and the snow is MELTING! Music to my ears.
I've had a busy day so far and not a lot of stamping time(yet).
These first two cards I actually made yesterday with some scraps that were left out on the floor. They are rather simple but I like how they turned out. Honestly, I think the new Summer Picnic DP MAKES these cards....

I've gotten one of my regular Saturday blog sketches completed. This one is from Lauren's blog HERE. She had a nice simple sketch posted this morning but no sample. Sometimes it's easier to do a sketch without seeing what others have done.
This card uses MORE of the Summer Picnic DP(are you surprised?) and some of the Love & Happiness Rub Ons. I stamped the flower from So Many Scallops in Bashful Blue and used the Old Olive Marker to colour in the words. A rub on was applied to the center. I then punched it out with the Scallop Punch.
I like how it turned out and this MAY be another choice for my Wednesday Girls Night Out.
Thanks for stopping by today!
I'm off to finally put all my new supplies away!

21 comments:

Vivian Swain said...

Very nice cards. I am thinking I have to get that Tart and Tangy stamp set. It is so cute and cheap too. LOL!!!

Vivian Swain

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are ALL fabulous, Dawn! So fun and cheery! Love the colors!

Lauren (mytime) said...

These are all awesome! Gald you liked doing a BLIND sketch! LOL!
Yours is so cute.
I LOVE your center card L.O. really "sweet"!
That paper just screams cheerfulness!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards. I can't wait to get my Summer Picnic designer paper. I ordered it only today!

Donna Baker said...

what great cards!! so cheerful (trying to convince myself I have enough so I don't buy it!)

Anonymous said...

OH dawn your cards are sooo YUMMYY!! I got my set and DS paper yesterday Just love it! and Love what you made :-)
xoxxo
Dawn griffith

Maria said...

I love all your simple designs! They have such a clean look to them and the papers that you used are fabulous!

Maria

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooo LOVING these new cards...the colors...the sayings...and their fonts...and of course, what you did to put it all together - SO COOL!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, all three of these are incredible! LOVE the Summer Picnic dp ... can't wait to use it!

Lori said...

Love all your cards here! I think that paper may be one of my favorite packs ever.

Unknown said...

Loving your cards Dawn! I can't wait to get that paper - you've totally inspired me! :)

Anonymous said...

I sound like a broken record...but truly...I love all three cards!! Love that dp too!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! I love those colors, and they all turned out fabulous!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Excuse me if I drool all over your blog! I LOVE that striped SU! ribbon! And all of your simple but soooo sweet cards -- A-dorable!! I swear, you are the most productive stamper I know!!! *color me pea-green* : )

Corie said...

Dawn -- you created the most amazing cards -- I especially love the colors you used!!

jjcreations said...

Awesome use of "floor scraps". I love how you coloured the Lennon quote.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Looks like summer to me!!!
What a wonderful way to use 'floor scraps' - LOL
I love your off the cuff ideas - well all your ideas.....

Deb said...

They are all beautiful cards, such great sentiment stamps, I am sure the girls will all be happy whichever you choose!

Deb said...

Beautiful cards, I so love the sugar bowls.

I would suggest using small clear bags so guests can see the special m&ms through and making folding tops which your friend can staple on after filling the bags. I am sure you have made these before for the children to give as Halloween favors etc but they could work equally well for an adult!

Rose Ann said...

I just LOVE all of the pretty cards you're making with your new stuff, Dawn!! Everything looks FANTASTIC!!

Heidi said...

These are all gorgeous! I just love how you colored the words different. That never seems to work for me. You rock it though! Great cards!