Wednesday 27 August 2008

Flight of the Butterfly and ATS Challenge Card

Good Wednesday Morning!
I discovered something yesterday...I shouldn't have cleaned my stamping area before going on vacation....know why?!
I can't find things now...like my SAMJ...lol so that is why my dots don't line up very good with the solid butterfly image....I had to eyeball it...ugh!
I took Beate's suggestion yesterday and go find some challenges to get my creative juices flowing!
This first card is for Julee's Mojo sketch this week. When I first saw Tangerine in the catty I wasn't too sure of it but I'm liking it more and more ;)

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Tangerine, WW and Haiku DP; Inks: Choc Chip and Tangerine; Accessories: Nesties, Small and Lg Oval Punches, Choc Poly Twill, Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

I loved the look of Beate's sketch from last week and really wanted to give it a go but struggled to find the right images. Since I had the Flight of The Butterfly out I stayed with that and the papers. This card is a 5 x 5 square.

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly; Cardstock: Choc Chip, So Saffron, WW and Haiku DP; Inks: Choc Chip, So Saffron, Tangerine; Accessorires: Circle Nesties, So Saffron Brads, 1/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

It's Wednesday so that means it's time for another All That Scraps Challenge. This week we were challenged to make a SCENTED card. It's been forever since I pulled out some of my scented embossing powders. I've used the Sweet Treats stamp set because of the ice cream ;) The chocolate scoop is covered with Gel-A-Tins Gelly Powder scent Choc Bliss.

Since I made this before leaving for vacation and had this post ready to go...I don't know all the details on the card....sorry :(

Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - that card looks AWFUL because of the buggered up dots - NOT! Only you would notice that! That second card is so cute - I love the loop dee doo that the words do before you get to the butterfly.

Courtney said...

I didn't like the tangerine either, but you make it look good!

corinnesomerville said...

Dawn, these are fantastic !!! I love all three cards !! I've got to do Beate's sketch this week...it's so great !! Love what you did with it too !!
Hope you're settling back into being home again !

Have a great day my friend :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the butterfly cards...oh and the tangerine is lovely!!! Is the butterfly a new SU set?? I have briefly looked at a catalogue, but will have to look some more.
Cleaning your space is always nice, but I usually have a hard time finding my stuff again...LOL

Marilyn said...

Darling cards - all of them!! I just moved (our house sold) and it is taking me a long time to get my creative juices flowing because I can't find anything - so I feel for ya!! Your cards are amazing even w/o the SAMJ!!! And the tangerine - it is growing on me too!! In fact all of the in colors are - amazing isn't it!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love these cards, those butterflies and colors that you used are great. Your monkey card hanging there with his ice cream is adorable. Good luck with finding all your supplies now that you have cleaned up

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are great love them all girl.

Christina Fischer said...

LOL -- there's a reason for me to keep my stamp table cluttered!!

You did a fabulous job with your limited supplies -- I love the tangerine cards! Your ATS challenge card is adorable, and I bet it smells yummy! :)

Maggie R said...

Hi from one Canadian to another!!!!
I LOVE your cards...... I am just learning to do this. Have my first few on my blog... Oh what fun!
I am going to add you to my Blog list! thanks for the inspiration.
x0x0
((((hugs))))
Maggie waving from Southern Ontario Canada

Angel said...

I see you've found your creativity! Lovely projects as usual, girl!

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like Beate's suggestion was just the right fit! Great job - all beautiful cards....I love what you did with the square card!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards.... I love the tangerine.

Alex said...

that's a horrible card to post, imagine posting something with crooked dots......NOT!!!!!! You are too funny, your cards are all fabulous, love what you did with that tangerine and the butterflies, girl - love it, looks yummy!! And, your monkey card makes me smile, too too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

You are really making it hard for me to resist buying Flight of the Butterfly! There goes my budget AGAIN LOL! What awesome cards, and the colours are so great! I'm not too fussy for the orange, but you really make it look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am excited you are back and you are stamping. All three cards look fantastic! I love all your work!
Big cyber hugs.

Becky G said...

These are all fabulous, Dawn! I'm lovin that new tangerine paper!

Denise Marzec said...

Looks like your mojo is right there just waiting for you. These are great. My fav is the second one with the big circle of butterflies. What a cool layout!

Rose Ann said...

Both of your butterfly cards are just beautiful, Dawn!! I am loving the colors!! Your little monkey is so adorable as well!! (I can hardly stamp w/o my SAMJ..lol)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable cards! Love the fab flock of butterflies on Beate's sketch card.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dawn! Love all the cards...especially the first one!! Gorgeous color combo!

Amy Sheffer said...

These are fantastic Dawn!! I love what you've done with the Tangerine. Just gorgeous. My fave is the one you did with Beate's sketch!

Angel said...

wow, these are beautiful! you're making me rethink tangerine!

Lynda Benden said...

Awesome cards Dawn! I love the tangerine and brown, looks awesome together and the butterflies are so cute! I LOVE how you got them lined up perfectly!!! LMBO!!!! I can't find things either!!! LOL!!!

Lori said...

Love the butterfly cards! The tangerine color is still growing on me--it's the one In Color I haven't bought yet.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome cards Dawn...hope you find all you lost...and when you are done cleaning, drive on down here and help me find the two packages of rub ons I lost three months ago...grrr!!LOL!!

Deborah said...

If you think your card is lacking, I am in really big trouble on my best day! LOL! All of these cards rock Dawn! Get a grip! He he! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful cards! Love this new butterfly set. I still haven't gotten my new SU! stuff and had the same reaction on the tangerine. I'm anxious to see it irl. It looks beautiful here.

Donna Baker said...

WOW - I adore that middle card, now you're making me wish I'd gotten at least ONE pkg of new DSP (I can't believe I didn't-gasp)

Unknown said...

Love that second butterfly card - yummy colors!! :)