Wednesday 13 August 2008

Good Wednesday Morning!

Can you believe it's Wednesday? Oh my goodness, this week is flying by and I still have a few things to do before we leave for vacation....like get dog food for Snickers, fish tablets so the fish don't starve, mow the lawn, pack, clean the house....BUT I always make time to stamp! Yah!
I made this card for the Colour Challenge on SCS.
Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Taken with Teal.
When I first heard the colours, it freaked me out. They look pretty together but I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I think I did okay though. What do you think?
Stamps: Essence of Love, Live Your Dream; Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Taken With Teal, WW and Ginger Blossom DP; Inks: Olive, Eggplant and Teal; Accessories: Silver Brads, Dimensionals
Today on All That Scraps the Design Team was challenged to make a Suspension Card. You can find a wonderful tutorial on SCS HERE.
I've used the Sweet Treats set from ATS. I love this little bear...so cute!
Stamps: Sweet Treats; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, WW and WeRMemory Keepers DP(both sides); Inks: Memento Black, Bashful Blue; Accessories: Copics, Bazzil Flower, Primas, Sparkly Brad, Nesties, Circle Punches, Dental Floss, Dimensionals, Photo Corner Punch
Thanks for stopping by!
ETA: MY SU! order has been SHIPPED this morning!!! Too bad it'll arrive while I'm on vacation...haha

20 comments:

Ifat Art said...

Just "OK"?!?! It's great!
I love this long flowers stamp.

IfatArt.

Courtney said...

These are wonderful! I think you pulled off that color combo beautifully!

Enjoy your vacation!

Julie.G said...

Great job on both cards. I love the green one and of course the bear is soo cute..

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your color challenge, and love that sweet little guy, awesome work.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh because I started my blog post the exact same way yesterday with not thinking I could pull these colors off in a card. You did a fabulous job with them! I still love Live Your Dream.

Christine has been doing an amazing job with the last few releases. Your suspension card is just too cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you still have time to stamp...because I LOVE looking at all of your creations!! :-) Who needs a mowed lawn anyway??! LOL! I hope all of the stuff you've got to do goes by quickly...and you get more time to stamp!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...the ATS stuff reminds me of the Paper Pretties stuff...uh-huh.... I like the eggplant and green together - that looks great. There was one crazy color combo the other day that I didn't care for - but this one works!

Shelly said...

Fabo cards Dawn. Have a wonderful vacation. Hey, my cats name is Snickers - one of those rare pet names, I know..........

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!! I love both cards...but that eggplant/olive/teal might be a new favorite color combo.

Anonymous said...

i love you SCS CC card. Mine turned out terrible. this is so soft and pretty. i'm gonna have to try again!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! You did an awesome job on the color challenge, I LOVE it!

The other bear card is adorable, what a really cute image!

Have a blast on vacation and hurry back so we can see some beautiful cards using the NEW SU supplies!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Sears Family said...

LOVE your color challenge card!!!

Ashley Newell said...

These cards are both great!

Alex said...

OK???!!! It's fabulous Dawn, I love how you did this - I would never have thought those colors went together but you pulled it off beautifully!! Okay, I LOVE that adorable little bear card, too cute!! Mine has not shipped yet - I wonder why??!!! I want my stuff! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Allison said...

What a great take on the colour challenge. It's gorgeous! Love the other card too!

Kelly Schelske said...

You the color challenge beautifully!! Love that card!! And the little bear is tooooooo cute!! fantastic job as always!! I hope you have a fantastic vacation:-) Hugs,Kelly

Denise Marzec said...

I'd say you worked those colors beautifully! Love that bear stamp too. He's just too cute!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is MORE than ok...it's beautiful, Dawn!! Love your cute little bear too!!

I hope you have a fabulous and safe vacation!!

Deborah said...

You created a lovley card Dawn with the required colors. I love it! The bear is oh too cute! You are going to have such a nice vaca! Hugs, Deb

Bethany Paull said...

Dawn! The teddy with ice cream card really is TOO sweet.