Friday 24 July 2009

DTGD...First Day of School

Hi!
If you've come back to see my DTGD card sample....thank you! If this is your first visit today....be sure to scroll down and see another DTGD card I made for a challenge yesterday.
I was so excited when Laura asked me to make a sample for her challenge! You will have to visit the DTGD forum to read up on all the details though ;)
Remember you will need to be a Fan Club member to view everything though.
Here I used a cute image from a Taylored Expressions stamp set called Beary Special.
I stamped the image in Memento black ink and coloured with Copics. It's a nice, clean and simple card....with lots of paper piercing....lol
I hope you will play along with the challenges....they are so much fun! I only wish I had more time these days.
Stamps: Beary Special; Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, White, Scenic Route DP; Ink: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle nesties, EK success wavy border punch, Mat pack and paper piercer, Dimensionals, White Brads
Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

TannyP said...

This is such a great card - no wonder she asked you for a sample =)

Connie M. said...

This is just so very cute, Dawn!! I just love this adorable image...perfect for me since my DD is starting Kindergarten and my DS is starting preschool in 2 1/2 weeks! What WILL I do with my time! :)

Rachel said...

Oh how adorable!! love that image :)
hugs,
Rachel

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable, super sweet job Dawn!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Aaack! How clever, Dawn, to use this image for a back to school card!! I LOVE it!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute, Dawn!! I love that sweet images, your great coloring, and the patterned papers!! (The challenges are a lot of fun, and I'm combining as many as I can. I have to 'cause I'm such a slow stamper...lol).

Renée said...

cute, Dawn! I hope I have time to play with the DTGD challenges. With the weather so gorgeous, we've been outside most of the day!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card - Dawn!!! This image would be perfect for my youngest daughter starting school in 10 days...I better go and check it out :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Maria said...

Awww, such a cute image! Awesome job on your coloring! Love your choice of colors again. . .very pretty! I'll stop by the challenge and see if I can play along!

Maria

Mary Giles said...

How cute! I love the little teddie peeking out.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, how cool!! I love that you used a *back to school* sentiment with it...PERFECTION, girl!

Bethany Paull said...

Oh how sweet! And I finally bought that wavy punch today. Yay!