Sunday 22 November 2009

Sharing in your Sorrow

Today is a sad day. A friend and co-worker lost his mother last week and today she will be put to rest. I wanted to make a card for him but making sympathy cards are always difficult. A couple of months ago I made his mom a birthday card(here) in some bright colours because she loved green. I dug through my designer papers and found something green to use, just for her.
I know a card doesn't do a whole lot for someone who just lost a loved one but I wanted him to know I'm thinking of him.
I've been super busy these past few days and haven't had much stamping time. Tomorrow I have a huge presentation to do and I'm still working on all the charts, graphs, sales....ugh! I hope I can finish it early enough today so just REST up!
Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful Dawn. What a sad occasion but I am sure your friend will love the card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, that's so sad that you just made her a birthday card and now you had to make a sympathy card. It's a REALLY beautiful card. Your friend will think so, too. Love the papers and that big striped ribbon.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful and I know it will be a comfort for the family. Nine years ago my mom died. I can't remember who was there or what they said to "comfort" me, but I have the cards, simple words that mean so much. Trust me, your card will be a great comfort for years to come.

Cindy Haffner said...

Dawn your card is BEAUTIFUL.

Melisa Hunter said...

A beautiful card! The DP and the wide ribbon with the pretty tree and sentiment all look wonderful together. Your friend will appreciate it.

Pam Varnell said...

Yes it is hard to make sentiment cards. You just feel like you can never say the right thing. BUT you did an awesome job with this card girl and your friend will know that it came from your heart. Love the colors and the whole feel of the card. Very soft. Hugs!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Really nice sympathy card, I agree they are hard to make but I am sure this one wil be greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your presentation.

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a sad occasion Dawn but such a beautiful card.

Good luck with the presentation!