Tuesday 20 December 2011

Happy Birthday 2 U - Mojo220

Hello!
Tomorrow one of my co-workers has her birthday.
I know what it's like having a birthday close to Christmas and I really wanted to make her a card that was Spring like and not wintery in any way at all.
I think using these October Afternoon papers worked!
I used the Mojo220 sketch for my layout.
The sentiment comes from Verve's stamp set called Hope Blooms.
I used some cork to cut the U from the I Heart U Die set.
The 2 was cut from some felt.
Stamps: Hope Blooms; Cardstock: Choice Buttercream, October Afternoon Sidewalks DP; Inks: Black; Accessories: Felt, Cork, Nesties, Ribbon, Verve I Heart U Die, MFT By The Numbers Die, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Dawn, you are a wonderful colleague! My birthday is on or near Thanksgiving and I always get a candle stuck rather hastily into the pumpkin pie....

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Dawn. Love the pretty papers and great textures! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

She will LOVE this card, Dawn! Merry Christmas to you, sweetie!

Joan Ervin said...

How cute, Dawn...it's sooo Springy and perfect to add a little sunshine to your friend's birthday!!! I love the papers you used and the cork U is such an awesome touch!!!

Marisa said...

LOVE it! Great springy colours and the cork you and felt 2 are fabulous. She will flip when she gets it :)

Lisa H. said...

oooo! soooo sweet! love these papers, looks FAB!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this girlie! The mix of papers is SO fun and I LOVE the cork U!

Michelle said...

I just did that with my daughter's teacher's birthday present. I made it completely springy so that it wasn't wintery or Christmassy at all. What are parents thinking having kids at Christmastime? There should be a rule - no naughty stuff in March - LOL! I still love this big u...something about lower case letters are so cute. Pretty pretty card - enjoy your lunch!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is beautiful Dawn!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Dawn this is AWESOME!!~

Beate said...

I LOVE this card. Gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Denise Marzec said...

....and I'm sure she LOVED it!!...it's gorgeous!!