Sunday 18 December 2011

My 40th birthday cake

Last night we went out for dinner to celebrate my 40th birthday a little early.
Being that my birthday is only a few days before Christmas it gets hard to get together or into a restaurant.
Karen had this birthday cake and cake pops made for ME!
I was sooooooo excited about it!
We aren't eatting the cake...ha....well maybe for Christmas ;)
There were 24 cake pops to start...I had my own Oiler team .... hehe!
How cool is this?!!!
It's my favourite cake ever!



Karen's friend started her own business and I know where I'll be going to order cakes from now on.
If you live in or around Calgary and are interested in Sarah's cakes please email me or leave me a note.
Thanks for sharing in my happiness!
Have a great day!

14 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

First of all, Happy Birthday, Dawn! Whoop it up! Secondly, that cake with your "team" cake pops is hysterical! So creative! LOVE!

Denise Marzec said...

I love this picture of you...such a big, pretty smile! I can totally see how excited you were! :)

Karen Motz said...

Those cake pops are fantastic!! Love the big smile on your face. Have a great birthday!

Jackie Pedro said...

Now that's a thoughtful friend!! Knows what you love! Awesome cake! Happy early birthday, Dawn! Oh, and welcome to the fabulous 40's!!

wendy said...

Happy Birthday Dawn and how stinkin cute are those cake pops!!!! I miss hockey so much since moving from Canada...hard to even find a game on t.v here to watch...but enjoy those hockey players ...LOL

Peggy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dawn!! Love the cake and cake pops!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! That is an awesome cake and awesome cake pops! How CUTE! Hope you have a GREAT day!

Cindy Haffner said...

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Dawn, how FUN!!~ Girl you do not look 40!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dawn, this is so awesome and you look so happy!! Happy early b-day, gf!! I love your Oilers cake and those pops are the cutest!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous! Love the hockey team too :) Early happy b-day. Enjoy the week long celebratiosn ;)

Beate said...

OMG....those cake pops and the cake look amazing! Have a wonderful birthday week, Dawn!
Hugs and smiles

Dana White said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake!!! That's my team too!!
Happy Birthday Dawn!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Happy Birthday you sweet thang...Whoohoo!!! What a super cool cake and I almost flipped when I saw the cake pops....sooo cute!!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

SHUT up! Those are AMAZING!!! WOW!!!!!! Happy Birthday girlie!!!