Saturday 20 April 2013

Life Happens Over Coffee

Gosh I can't believe it's been a week since I have gotten inky!!!

Work has been CRAZY busy! 
So much going on, changes happening and I seem to be smack in the middle! LOL!

This morning after Chloe and I took Snickers to the groomers I needed to try and get my mojo going. So I popped over to the Dynamic Duos Challenge Blog and also the Freshly Made Sketches as a starting point.

The Dynamic Duos Challenge #49 is Basic Black and Basic Grey with a dessert option of masculine.
I am in need of a birthday card for someone at work who is a heavy coffee drinker. I think he visits Tim Horton's 3 times during our work day! 
My layout comes from the Freshly Made Sketch #82.
Stamps are from Verve's Better With You.
I stamped the coffee stains off once on a piece a paper.

Stamps: Better With You; Cardstock: White, Basic Black, Basic Grey, SU retired DP; Inks: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Sewing, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness..love love love this Dawn. Grey Matter is beautiful! :0)

Bananastamper said...

Great masculine card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is fantastic Dawn! Every coffee lover would love to get this! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers dawn, this is awesome, love how you used the colors and that great sketch and you nailed masculine!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!!

Jen Brum said...

Love this Dawn! So fun! Love the grey and black together! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Donna said...

So Cute!

TannyP said...

Fantastic card, Dawn! I love the way you can post a super girly card and then a perfect masculine card right after.

So did you take Snickers to the groomers or did Chloe have a spa day? :P

Marisa said...

Did Chloe got to the groomers or did she take Snickers ;)

Love the touch of stitching against the dark colours - pops wonderfully. Three trips to Timmy's in a day - that's a lot of coffee!

Jenny Engelke said...

Great choice of stamps for this challenge. I love the coffee ring stains and the stitching! It looks good in gray!! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Dawn! I love the gray palette! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

JD/ Jill said...

Perfect card for both challenges...very nicely done.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Dawn! Now I really want this set...

Unknown said...

Beautiful Dawn! Now I really want this set...

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow Dawn! This coffee card is just fabulous! Love the latte cup and your sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn! You have colored the coffee cup so beautifully that I thought it looked almost 3-d at first glance. And I love your stitching! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

kadie said...

LOVE THIS!! Great idea to go grey tones with this too!

Susie W. said...

Wow Dawn! I love the stitching and that coffee cup seems to pop off the card. And you gotta love those coffee cup stains :)
Great card!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Dawn, on the WIN over at FMS for your stunning card! I thought you had photographed it in black and white and 3D!! Awemazing!!

Karen Day said...

Dawn, I'm always in love with your coffee cards (do you have any idea how many pins are yours on my coffee card board?!) and I love that is a guy/coffee card! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Bobbie said...

Everything you do is magic, and this one is no different. What a great sentiment! Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.