Sunday 6 April 2014

You Are Capable of Wonderful Things

Happy Weekend!

Spring SEEMS like it's here in Lethbridge! I can't complain because we've had a fantastic winter really. Snow rarely stayed longer than a few days and this week we are expecting the temps to be in the 70's!

Brian stopped at the craft store in Calgary and picked me up a bunch of new supplies so I could give this Mixed Media a little more of a go. As much as I love trying new things....patience making a card is not one of my best qualities. I typically like to spend less than 30 minutes on one card. With the drying time between applications on the card below I managed to do a LOT of work around the house....lol

Jackie shared a tutorial on SCS on Layered Gesso Backgrounds. I mostly followed it ;)
Stamps: Chalkboard Greetings Too, Pretty PoppiesPaper: White, Black,LemonInk: Black VersafineAccessories: Gesso, Modelling Paste, Sponges, Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint in Couscous, Glitter, Heidi Swapp Stencil, Circle Nesties, MFT Royal Roses Die, MFT Flourish Die, Dimensionals

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

I love this!!! Wow! WHat a positive and fun sentiment - this is wonderful! Love it! Hugz!!!

Mary Marsh said...

I think this is a great mixed media card Dawn. Love the bg-and your sentiment says it all-give yourself a pat on the back for mission accomplished!!