Monday 24 March 2008

Gift Set, Flap Cards and One Layer Card

Good Afternoon!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!
Ours was quiet but very nice.
My parent's 39th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks and I've been trying to put a few things together for them. Thought I'd get the easy things out of the way first. I'd love to do a small scrapbook of Chloe for them and well scraping is not something I do...but I will try!
I'd covered this candle jar and candy jar earlier today. Thought I'd use todays TLC challenge on SCS to finish it off.
The challenge was a Flap Card. The tutorial was written by Rose Ann and you can find it on the Scor Pal site.
I made mine a little larger. Instead of cutting it 3.5 x 11. I started with 4.25 x 11. So I ended with a 4.25 square.
This is the top of the containers.
I did not do any stamping on this card. It's all done with the Sale A Bration Rub Ons. I LOVE those things. I wasn't sure if the Olive coloured ones would show on the Olive cardstock but they turned out okay.
Aren't these CC Designs Little Penguins the cutest? They are so adorable! This one is stamped in Brilliance Black and coloured with Copic Markers.
Lastly, I finally got Lauren's blog challenge done.
She asked us to make a one layer card and keep it to one corner. I had to pull out my fave watercolouring image....lol
I stamped Versafine Black on Papertrey White and coloured with an Aqua Painter and re-inkers.
Thanks for stopping by today!

22 comments:

Michelle said...

These are are all so pretty. I love the flap cards - I made one at Xmas time & that penguins is sooo cute.

Dawn, just wondering where you purchased your Copic Markers from? Do you have alot? What colors? Do you like them ALOT?

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

What a gorgeous set of gifts for your parents..Love the penguin flap card...Great job on Lauren's one layer..I am going to have trouble with this one..Have a nice night!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH so totally adorable! Oh and the flap cards........super!Love the jars!!! Great job on the sketch-knew you could do it!

Alex said...

Dawn, your projects are always soooo stinkin' gorgeous and these are no exception! They are going to love these, girl!!! I know I do!

Getting ready to mail your PIF goodies, sorry it took me so long, but had to do it for three of you! I will let you kwow when it actually gets in the mail - LOL! Will be this week though!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michele Kovack said...

They are gonna love this!!! So cute!

Unknown said...

LOVE all your stuff, especially the stuff with the rub-on's. Arent they great!TFS

Renée said...

Hey Dawn! Love all the projects here. The jars look fabulous (I have to try my rubons on glass ...) and the two flap fold cards are great. Love the penguin! Do you like PaperTrey's white cs for watercolouring?

Christina Fischer said...

Okay, you have been a BUSY girl! Love all your cards and projects over the last few days -- just fantastic!!! Hope your Easter was a great one! :)

Bethany Paull said...

I think I like each one more than the last. Awesome!

Jill said...

Fabulous stuff!

Anonymous said...

Your such a busy bee girlie .. Love all your goodies .. Love that little penguin too :-) what a cutie
xoxox
Dawn griffith

jjcreations said...

All of these projects are great. I like your flap fold card with the rub-ons. Joan

corinnesomerville said...

WOWZA !!! Your parents are gonna freak out.....gorgeous work !!! Love your Boatloads of love card...so adorable !!!

Have a good one..

Anonymous said...

Great gifts you made your parents and super cute cards. love the boat and the penguin :)))

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are amazing! I am in awe how many things you can stamp in one day and how gorgeous everything is. You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Dawn!! Everything is wonderful! I love your flap cards. The larger size was a great idea. And your one layer card is adorable. The boat image was a perfect choice for the corner!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE all of these, Dawn! The rub ons are perfect! LOVE your flap card and the card for Lauren's challenge is just ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects! Your candle is so neat and your square flap card is gorgeous!! Hope you had a great Easter Dawn! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic gift set!! Wow!! I'm really loving those felt flowers, and the rub-ons look really nice on the olive cardstock! Very cute penguin card too! And ...uh...one layer with an image in the corner? Wow, that really IS a challenge! Your boat card is perfect! The piercing was a great idea to add that "just right" extra bit of something! (Did that make sense? lol.)

Rose Ann said...

Your gift set is awesome, Dawn!!! Your parents are sure to LOVE it!! I LOVE all of your flap cards, and a wonderful job you did with Lauren's challenge!!

Lori said...

Love the gift set--I'm sure your parents will, too. And your one layer card is fantastic. Love your coloring.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful set and I'm sure you'll have NO problem doing a scrapbook for them! Love the 1 layer card too...those are so hard!