Thursday 6 March 2008

Happy Winter????

Happy Thursday Afternoon!
Sorry I'm late posting today. I was beginning to think I'd never get here....lol
This morning I started this card first thing but then had to stop to take Brian to the doctor. When I got back, I continued with colouring the image. Then I had to go work lunch program, grocery shop and stop back at the school.
Finally, it's done! YAH!
Now I know...Happy Winter???? Seriously eh?!
I figured since there seems to be so much winter weather going on around us, it would be OKAY to make a winter card today....haha!
This is a Paper Pretties Stamp and it's from the set called Snowflake Kisses.
I stamped it in Versafine Black and coloured it with my Prismacolour pencils and blended with Gamsol. I really like the look of Real Red and Cool Caribbean together. It was and added bonus that I found some of these felt mitten brads that Brian had bought me. They match perfectly!!
Stamps: Paper Pretties Snowflake Kisses
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Real Red, WW
Inks: Versafine Black Onyx and Real Red
Accesssories: Prismacolour Pencils and Gamsol, Striped Red Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piercer, Word Window Punch, 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Misc Felt Brads
Thanks for stopping by today!
I'm working on a few more cards and hope to post them later this evening or tomorrow morning!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love all the details and the coloring looks great!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the color combo, and those mitten brads are adorable. Glad you found time to finish this card!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, Dawn! I love those colors too!! Adorable image and mitten brads!!

Nancy Riley said...

Great job on this card, Dawn! Fantastic colors, and lovin' those cute mitten brads!

Courtney said...

I'm going to have to get some of those stamps! They're adorable!

Alhambra Club said...

Love those mittens and the embossed background, what a great card.

Anonymous said...

Whata sweet little girl .. OH NO There is no happy winter here in my neck of the woods .. I am over it but apparently Not mother natural which is dumping more on us tomorrow through Sunday .. This should be fun driving to my SCS Michigan event this Saturday at least there will be stampin friends in my car driving with me :-)
Great card and Hope your Thursday night is FAbulous girlie
oxox
Dawn Griffith

Unknown said...

cute cute Dawn! Your coloring is wonderful - it just makes me smile! :)

Becky G said...

This is just too darn cute, Dawn! Funny thing is, Winter is just now hitting us here in Texas! We had snow today and they are saying we are going to get more in the morning! Just too weird!

I gave you and award so go check out my site to see what it is!

Have a great day!

Alex said...

How adorable - love this Dawn! You are soooo right, these colors rock together and with your coloring, this turned out fabulous! Totally love those little felt gloves, too cute!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jana Weaver said...

Dawn...this is fabulous! I love the colors, and yes, those little felt mittens are just perfect!! :-)

Christie Ortman said...

Dawn, this is so cute! Love the colors and those little mitts are scrumptious (sp?)!

corinnesomerville said...

This card was worth the wait...even if it took you all day to make it :)...it's adorable !! Yup..we've got ANOTHER winter storm coming through today (Friday) and through the whole weekend..could get another 20 - 30 cm with this one...ughhhh !!!!
I'm so excited that you're hoping to get to convention too !!! Wouldn't this be amazing if we all made it and could actually see each other !!! WOWZA !!!

Anonymous said...

Great card and colours! Love it!!! I have to say your puppy card yesterday was SO cute as well!!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Paper Pretties!

Deb said...

Such a fun stamp, glad you managed to finish colouring her! Isn't it frustrating when life gets in the way of creativity?

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! And great coloring!!

jjcreations said...

I love this stamp....it is too cute. I also love the little mittens along the side and the dry embossed background. You're an inspiration! Joan

Christina Fischer said...

This is adorable!! Love the colors, and those little mittens are too cute!