Sunday 2 March 2008

Hey Sugar!

Happy Sunday!
It's RACE DAY! YAH!
I've had a busy morning trying to figure out some little treat box for my friend's husbands surprise party. She is getting personalized M & M's to put inside. I'll be making and sending them down to her in Idaho so it has to be something she can open and fill and then seal up herself. I've thought of a sourcream container but that won't work because I'm not filling...lol
Then I thought about those Peek-A-Boo boxes that we did on SCS back in October but they take 30 or so minutes each....I need 30....so that one was a no go. Then I thought about those nugget boxes as Angie has a tutorial on them today. I MAY go that route but they do take a little time as well. So if you have any ideas, please share with me....thanks!
Onto my cards...
This first one is a direct CASE from Nancy. I think the girls will like making this one on Wednesday night! I changed the cardstock and designer papers....otherwise it's the same card...lol Thanks Nancy for your inspiration!
This card is for Jen's sketch on her blog i{heart}2stamp. I used the new Paper Pretties stamps called Look Who's Perky. The little sugar bowl was a perfect size for this layout. I added a bit to the bottom of the card for the sentiment. The Designer Paper is by American Crafts. Was thrilled to use my Copic Markers again. They colour so nicely!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember if you have any suggestions for a little party favour please share with me ;)

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I love these cards - I just love the bright colors. I really like the first one. I love how you used the scallops to create flowers.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that first card - the second, is that a Paper Pretties thing? Sure looks like it! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Love what you did with it - heh....

Goooooooooooo CASEY!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, GREAT job on the case card ... I love it with the Summer Picnic DP! Awesome colors! Awesome job on the Paper Pretties card too ... love everything you do, my friend!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are really pretty, Dawn!! I love the colors and pretty papers!! Awesome cards!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Love both cards, but especially the flowers made with the scallop stamp...sooo cute! ;)

Alex said...

totally love these - AND you have the new set from Paper Pretties - you lucky gal!!! I love that set and your card is absolutely darling! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

so cute!! Love those little sugarbowls - they are just the right size and shape! Your cards are great as always Dawn! :)

Jana Weaver said...

What a great idea to use that sketch with the sugar bowls...perfect!! and I love all those bright colors! How about a small 2-4-6-8 box for your friends husbands surprise? you can even send them flat and have her adhere them together when they arrive!

Heidi said...

This is too cute! I love the bright colors! I'm going to have to try out Jen's sketch.

Marilyn said...

Love the card with Jen's sketch - the little squares are so cute! I'll have to try this sketch out!

Lauren (mytime) said...

WAY cute and cheery! Love them all!