Sunday 23 March 2008

A Mix of Cards

Happy Easter Sunday!
I hope everyone is enjoying the day with their loved ones. This year it's just Brian, Chloe and I. We are cooking a spiral honey ham right now and it smells soooooooooo good in here...YUM!
I've been busy stamping most of the day. I suppose that's one nice thing about it just being the three of us. We each have been able to play or read or work on our hobbies.
I'll be quick with my post.
This first card is for todays Featured Stamper on SCS. It is Amy aka Pickletree on SCS. I chose to CASE here card HERE.
This card is for both Beate's sketch #40 and Sharon's challenge on using round corners.
This card was a "just because" card....lol
It uses American Crafts DP and Verve Visuals Serenity Stamp Set.
This is another card "Just Because".
I had a small piece of BG Blush DP sitting in a pile. I liked that there was the bird on it. So I trimmed it up a bit. The cardstock is scored with my scor-pal.
I'm still trying to work on Lauren's challenge this weekend of a one layer card with something in a corner. I'm not the best at colouring but I'll get something done soon!
Also, I entered my first contest and the voting is going on right now....wish me luck! I've never entered a card for anything before....but you don't know if you would ever win if you don't try right?
Have a wonderful Easter and thanks for stopping by!


22 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day! The cards are fantastic, good luck with the contest!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are amazing! Each card is gorgeous!
Happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Tracy.H said...

Happy Easter! Love all of these...especially the one with the Serenity set. :0)

SueB said...

I'd have never thot to use the colors you used in the Lennon quote card, but it's absolutely fabulous!
later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

It would be hard to pick just one! They are all beautiful! I do really love the last one with the bird paper very much! Dev

Mauna said...

Good Luck! All your cards are great. Enter some more :)
Hope your ham was yummy!!

Michelle said...

Fantastic cards Dawn!

Happy Easter!!!

jjcreations said...

All of the cards are wonderful. I think my favorite is the pink one. Joan

Anonymous said...

Wow, you made four cards in one day? you are amazing & your cards are beautiful.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful cards..You have been busy. I never stamped at all this weekend. I love the Just Because card colors and layout. Have a happy monday

LuvCraftn said...

What gorgeous cards!! I love the fist pink one the best! Definitely my colors. :-)
Anyway, wanted to let you know... you've been given an award. Check out my blog for details!

Alhambra Club said...

Wow you have been busy, glad to hear you are having a wonderful day. Sure you enjoyed the ham, I did a ham yesterday.

Alex said...

Oooh, these are fantastic Dawn! My fave is the felt flowers one, just really pretty! I would be surprised if you did NOT win, you are phenomenally talented, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Debbie Olson said...

Wow, Dawn--you've certainly been busy! The pink card is So fresh and lovely, and that last one, the white with the Basic Grey inset, is SO classy!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OMG! Its only been a few days since I came to visit you, and HOLY MOLY-you have been on a roll-WOW! Each item is as beautiful as the last.
GO DAWN!!! You are one creating machine.

Carolyn King said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful...i am always so amazed at all the cards you make---and they are all so pretty.

Good luck on the contest---YOU CAN DO IT!

Haylie said...

Awesome cards..you truly inspire me..I have given you an award...see more info on my blog at
http://pforpink.blogspot.com/2008/03/award.html

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards ,love all the papers and images ,stunning work ,Dawnxx

Karen Kelly said...

Since I pretty much love all of the cards you do for various challenges, I decided I needed to start frequenting your blog. Love it!

Rose Ann said...

What a treat!! Four fabulous cards in one post! They're all beautiful!! Can you tell we're all amazed at your talent and productivity??? You rock, girl!

Anonymous said...

these are all so wonderful!! i love the details on each and every one!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!