Saturday 22 March 2008

Tart & Tangy

Good Saturday Afternoon!
Chloe and I just got back from the Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avs game. It was an AWESOME game too! We won 7-5!! A lot to cheer about during that game! My throat hurts from screaming so much....haha!
This morning before heading to the game I had a chance to work on Jen's sketch. You can find it HERE on her blog.
I've been loving the Tart & Tangy set, as I'm sure you can tell. I haven't used the orange/lime/lemon stamp though. This sketch seemed perfect for it.
I'm not one to make a white based card very often but I do like the look of it. The sketch is flipped a bit. Instead of a tall card I turned it as I already had this piece of White cardstock cut.
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Lots of Thoughts
Cardstock: White, Only Orange, Gable Green, YoYo Yellow, Summer Picnic DP
Inks: Same
Accessories:Scallop Punch, 1 3/8"Circle Punch, 1 1/4", 1 3/8"Square Punches, Dimesionals, Dollar store brads
A little while ago my friend, Angie, had posted how to make these Post It Note Key Chains on her blog. After she sent me one as a RAK I knew I'd have to make some. My other friend, Lisa, picked up some small post its from a local Dollarama.
Told you I love Tart & Tangy! Now I need more rings....off to Staples this week!

Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, WW
Inks: Real Red, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8"circle punch, Key ring, Red Gingham, Real Red Grosgrain, May Arts Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by today!
I'm off to work on some sketches and challenges from yesterday and today!


14 comments:

Deb said...

Love this fresh, zingy, fruity card, so refreshing! Great post it key chains too, fab idea!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Deborah said...

So fresh! The fruit looks good enough to eat! Love how your brads match! Such cute key chains! Deb

Anonymous said...

The post-it note key chains are such a cool idea. And they are beautiful and crisp. Love them.

Anonymous said...

Cute card Dawn!! Love your post it notes....looks like that Tart & Tangy set is perfect for them!

Nancy Riley said...

How clever are you, Dawn?! Your card is so darn creative ... LOVE it! Those little keyring post-it note holders ... FABULOUS!

HAPPY EASTER, DAWN !!!!

Angel said...

LOVE this citrussy card!! tooo cute

Donna Baker said...

your projects look so fresh & tasty!! love the bright colors

Michele Kovack said...

LOve these! They are so HAPPY!!! I just ordered this set and now can't wait to get it! Happy Easter!

Renée said...

love the fresh colours with the sketch card, it really looks great Dawn! The post-it's are great too! I might just have to bite the bullet and get "Tart and Tangy" ...

Anonymous said...

soo sweet and yummy girlie ...
xoxxo
Dawn Griffith

carole (TruCarMa) said...

FABULOUS, Dawn!!! I love those little key ring notes, and you've totally sold me this set. Need to place my order before the end of this month... better make some time for that today... Good luck to your Oilers! : ) My oldest just got back from Vancouver and is a huge Canucks fan...

Marilyn said...

Love the fresh design of this card - I've got that wheel and have yet to use it - thanks for showcasing it for me - and have a Happy Easter!

Elizebeth said...

I LOVE this set, I can't believe I haven't used it yet.....so sad! I also love your little keychains!

Rose Ann said...

Such fresh and fun goodies!! I love your key chains!!