Monday 17 March 2008

TLC Card and a Cupcake Card

Good Afternoon!
The sun is shining and it's melting our snow! Yah!
Today on SCS was the Try a New Technique Challenge. This was one I had never done before.
You were doing a negative effect with an embossing folder.
I didn't ink up my Stylized Flowers folder very good, and it came out blotchy but I like the look!
Be sure to check the challenge out HERE.
Stamps: Pretty Amazing
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, WW
Inks: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Stylized Flower Embossing Folder, Sponges, 2 way glue pen and glitter, Pop Dots, Brayer, Dew Drops
This card....well it was just me messing around....lol
I wanted to somehow repeat the dots on the pattern paper. So I stamped my image on white cardstock and punched it out with a Marvy punch. Then I used my coluzzle and cut a little bit bigger brocade blue circle. You can't really see it but it's there behind the 1/2" coloured circles that I punched and glued down to it. Then I taped my cupcake image layer over the top of it. The cherry is cut out and popped up with a glue dot.

Stamps: Hero Arts Cardstock: Real Red, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin, WW, American Crafts DP Inks: Adirondack Black, Real Red Accessories: Copic Markers, American Crafts Ribbon, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, HodgePodgeHardware, Photo corner Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Coluzzle, Marvy Circle Punch

Thanks for stopping by today!
I've got some information to gather for my meeting at school tonight.
If you have any questions....just holler!

31 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Both of them are super Dawn!! I love th colors in TLC160 and the cupcake card is aweseom!!
Kelly

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards ,love them both ,
thanks foe the embossing tip ,Dawnxx

lauriewe said...

I am so glad I found your blog- I am going to use this technique on my easter cards tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love how colorful this card is!

Alhambra Club said...

love these cards the first one is so elegant, it is beautiful and your second card is so whimsical.

Anonymous said...

I *love* the blotchy ink on the first card! SO pretty!! And what a great idea to surround your image with punched circles on the second card!! Very clever and adorable!

Christina said...

Wow! Your first card IS Amazing! And I love the cupcake card!

Anonymous said...

That first card is beautiful; amazing like it says and the cupcake card is FANTASTIC - so colorful and fun!

corinnesomerville said...

Wow, Dawn....this is completely stunning...I'll definately give this a try too...beautiful work girlie !!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

your card with the amazing set totally rocks , dawn !!!!!
love the cupcake card with the circles around, a very colorfeul card. tfs:)
chat

Tracy.H said...

What a yummy lookin' cupcake!! :0)

Carolyn King said...

You have got to be one of the most prolific stampers I know. Both cards are amazing. LOVE how your embossed flowers turned out. And love the fun colors of that cupcake card. Awesome work!

Lori said...

Oooh, your challenge card is gorgeous! The embossing folder complements the stamp set perfectly. And I love your circle border around the cupcake image on the second card--fun!

Anonymous said...

They are both so pretty! Love the technique you did with the first...came out gorgeous! ;)

SueB said...

I LOVE the way the challenge card turned out - it's kinda shabby chic, and one I intend to CASE (w credit, 'natch)!
later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are wonderful, Dawn!! I love your new technique card! It is so beautiful!! I love your yummy cupcake card as well!! Your coloring looks so good, and they colors are so bright and beautiful!! You rock!!

Anonymous said...

I already saw your challenge card and my jaw dropped to the floor! It's stunning! I love the color combo!
The second card is super fun! I love your circle border and that delicious looking cupcake!
Hugs!!!

jjcreations said...

The Amazing card, is truly amazing, and I love the cupcake too....all the little circles around the outside. Joan

Deborah said...

Brilliant! So cheerful! Keep messing around! TFS-Deb

Jana Weaver said...

Both cards are great, but that cupcake is just DELISH! LOVE the border of punched circles...perfect!

Anonymous said...

OH Dawn these cards are fabulous .. I really love the 1st one with the cuttlebug .. Just stunning Your cupcake card is sooo yummy too :-)
xoxox
Dawn griffith

StampMom said...

Love the cupcake card, Dawn -- looks good enough to eat.

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning challenge card!! Your cupcake card is cute too :)
Have a great day!

Laura Davis said...

I love all your work! You are super talented!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Dawn your cards are fabulous! The cuttlebug technique card is gorgeous. I love the uneven 'blotchy' ink coverage. And what a cute idea on the cupcake card with the circles.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous Cuttlebug card! WOW! I'll have to try that technique. That cupcake card look delicious!

Jillabella said...

Ohhh my fav cupycake!!!! Also lovin the cuttlebug'd card, I think I may have to try that technique...just sounds so messy. ;)

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, you're amazing! These cards are simply brilliant, my friend! What WILL you come up with next?!

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, I so love that negative embossing technique, a stunning card!

Debbie Olson said...

Love them both, Dawn! The bottom one is so bright and cheerful, and the top one is super elegant! That embossed background is perfect, and the clear dew drops really add as well!

Lauren (mytime) said...

LOVE these!!! The CB folder ons is just fabulous, and the design dots around the cupcake-PERFECT! WOW! Girl you ROCK!!