Thursday 27 March 2008

Ways to Use it Challenge and a Sketch

Good Afternoon!
Sorry for posting a little later today. I had company this morning. My upline stopped by and we tried to brainstorm a little bit on our next big meeting. It's an inspiration challenge and if you visit my blog often you know I'm NOT good at those....I suppose that is why they call it a challenge! Anyway, we talked and caught up and got nothing stamped! It was nice though.
After working lunch program I went straight to work on these next two cards for todays Ways To Use It Challenge. It was called Just Spray It.
This first card using the Spritzer tool. LOL...something I have never used....it was still in the package :(
Since Stampin' Up! doesn't make markers for the In Colours I used Bashful Blue to spritz with. I think it looks okay. You stampers would notice the colour difference but I don't think most people would ;)
Stamps: Always
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Choc Chip, WW and Afternoon DP
Inks: Choc Chip, Bashful Blue, Soft Sky and Choc Chip Craft
Accessories: Clear EP, Lg Corner Rounder, Coluzzle, Paper Piercer, Three For You punch, 1 1/8", 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Dimesionals, Clear top from the Build A Brad, Spritzer Tool, Pearls
The technique I used on this next card was a simple one too. Just colour your images with markers and then spray with a water bottle. I sprayed the butterfly stamp a little too much so it ran a bit.

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Cardstock: Regal Rose, WW, Bashful Blue, 3 Bugs in a Rug
Inks: Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Water Bottle, Wide Regal Rose Grosgrain, Dimensionals
Last night while watching the Oilers lose :( I worked on the sketch posted in the MFT forum on SCS. It looked like a fun sketch so I had to give it a go. While digging through my scrap drawer I found a small piece of this small piece of DP. I'm not sure I like my colour combo but I do like the design.
Stamps: MFT By the Seashore
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Pumpkin, WW, Misc DP
Inks: Adirondack Black, Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Copic Markers, Paper Piercer, Coluzzle, 1", 1 /4", 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
See you tomorrow! I'll have a Paper Pretties card for you with the new stamp I recieved this week!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cards! lol I wish I had time to stamp...;)D

Andrea G. said...

What great cards, Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait to see a new Paper Pretties card. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Anonymous said...

These are all great cards...love all the color combinations.

Charmaine

Rose Ann said...

Wow, three more beauties! I love the colors and brad in the "a"...and all the scallops too! The colors and papers are so pretty in your second card. Your sketch card is so pretty as well, and I love the fun papers!! I may need to try that sketch too!

Alhambra Club said...

what a great bunch of cards

Anonymous said...

Great cards, all three!! But I must say the first is my favorite. I just love those soft colors and the bird!

Alex said...

I think they are all gorgeous Dawn - love them! My fave is the first one only because I am in awe that you figured out the spritzer tool - mine is still in the package too, LOL!! I really want to use it, so maybe I will give it a shot! I totally love that little seagull on the third card, really cute!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Wow Dawn! Great cards!!! I love your different colors and sketches - everything is just wonderful! :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Your cards make me feel like summer could be a distinct possibilty this year. Then I look out side and I realize it...will...never...come. Gak. But I still like to look at your purdy, purdy cards. For what it's worth, I didn't notice the bashful blue until you pointed it out. lol!

joslyn said...

great cards i love the top one. so so so cute.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow love them ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn! all your cards are great....but I LOVE that bird card!! (you're really making me wish I had that set :))
Have a good day!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All are just gorgeous, Dawn! Wow, how do you get so much done?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to use the always set, you're so inspiring! ;)