Monday, April 7, 2008

Technique Challenge Card

Happy Monday!
Well it was back to school today. I'm missing Spring Break already....haha!
I've only had time to make ONE card so far today....ugh....but I will work on others in a bit ;)
First I have to tell you....I made a mistake with this card but I think it turned out to be a good mistake. Don't you like when you make those kind??
When I was taping down the red panel on the stars layer....I stuck it on the TOP rather than the bottom. Can I just tell you that I was relieved to find that out BEFORE I stamped the sentiment...haha!
So rather than trying to take the red layer off I just moved the star panel to the bottom of the card. Do you think it looks okay this way?
I actually like it.
So onto why I made this card....
It was for todays Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS....Ribbon Layers.
You were to layer 2 or more ribbons....not make a bigger bow with two or more....layer ;)
So that's what I did. I used 5/8" Celery and Sheer Red w/White Polka Dots.
Stamps: GinaK Make A Wish
Cardstock: Real Red, Brocade Blue, WW and American Crafts DP(orange and green are backs)
Inks: Adirondack Black, Versafine Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Quickie Glue Pen and Glitter, Small Star Punch, 5/8" Grosgrain, Sheer Red w/White Polka Dots, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it turned out to be a good mistake. The card looks great.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, love the paper and all those wonderful stars.

Renée said...

aren't mistakes the best?! I think this turned out great, the colours are so nice and bright. I seem to have troubles with using bright colours ... You've made a really cute card Dawn!

Deb said...

fantastic card, I love it, don't you just love happy accidents?

Joan and Amy said...

I think your "mistake" was perfect....now your shooting star is shooting for the ones on top! I love all the polkadots and the colours. Joan

Alexandra said...

Fabulous mistake Dawn - this card is fantastic! Love all the stars, and the colors are rockin'! And, you know how I feel about polka dots - LOVE THEM!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Wacky Stephanie said...

Awesome! I love it when you can turn a boo-boo into something amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, I think this dp was made for you! You just keep makin' one spectacular card after another with it!

Bethany Paull said...

Yep, I do like it this way. The stars look like an extension of the shooting stars.

Julie Masse said...

Fun card! I love the stars!! and the paper and colors! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I agree with everyone that you made a great job making the mistake turn into fabulous. It looks like it flows together perfectly. Darling card!!!

Debbie M.

shel9999 said...

I think your card looks terrific!!! I love when mistakes work out for the best!

dawn griffith said...

amazing girlie .. Love the bold colors and I so know what you mean about spring break Its over in a flash
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Allison said...

Wow...this pops! Grooving on the brights!

Lori said...

Love the bright stars! So eye-catching.

angie said...

Bright & beautiful!!
(there are no mistakes in stamping :))

Debbie Olson said...

So bright and happy, Dawn--it turned out just perfect!

Deborah said...

Great card! Deb

corinnesomerville said...

I love how this card turned out !!! It's so bright and cheery :) Great layout too !

Rose Ann said...

What a fun card! I love all the stars, and the pretty colors!

Amy G. said...

Only you could 'mess up' and it turns out great! I would not be as fortunate. ;)