Saturday 28 June 2008

Another fab OCC Challenge-Basic Grey

Good Saturday Morning!
Today is our OCC challenge you will NOT want to miss it ;) Be sure to stop by and check it out. We're so pleased to announce that Lindsey Botkin of Jacksonbelle Embellishments will be awarding a $15 gift certificate to one lucky winner from this week's challenge participants. Read up on all the details on the OCC blog.
This week Cindy challenged us girls to use some older Designer Paper from Basic Grey. I've been seeing a lot of Christmasy stuff lately and I hadn't used my MFT Baby It's Cold Outside set yet. I'd only gotten it last February while on vacation in Florida....lol
I dug through my mounds of BG paper and found this fun pattern from the Dasher Collection.
I really had a difficult time getting a good picture of this card. The snowman and ground are covered in glitter. The girls boots have liquid applique on them and the snowmans hat is popped on dimensionals. I think the rest is obvious eh? LOL
So come on by the Our Creative Corner blog today and play along with us!
Also today is my last day as Guest Designer on Jen's blog i{heart}2stamp. It's been a fun month!
Oh yes....and be sure to scroll down to my next post and enter to win that fun Boys 'n' Bugs set!

23 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Dawn! That stamp is awesome and I love all your extra little details ~ awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Dawn, so darling and your ribbon is just perfect, thanks for doing my challenge.

Donna Baker said...

hopefully I can play with this challenge later...I love basic grey paper!

Nancy Riley said...

I can't keep up with you! You're doing some awesome things in all your new endeavors, my friend! I adore all the samples you've made for Jen's blog and OCC! You're AMAZING!

Amy Sheffer said...

Darling card, Dawn! I love all the details on the image -- the glitter, the boot fur. Awesome paper choice, too!

Alyssa S said...

Cute card - love all that glitter! I've been hemming and hahhing over this set, you may have just pushed me over the edge...

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute! I love the sparkley snowman, brads, ribbon, it's all darling!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Dawn, I LOVE the fun colors and the fun sparkle on the main image.

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How fun! I love the sparkly snow and the snowflake brads. Such a pretty card!

Anonymous said...

Darling card Dawn!!! I'm hooked on Christmas stuff right now...can't wait to see the new SU dp!
have a great weekend :)

Renee said...

Awww how cute! I love it! The colors are great and the snowman....so cute!

Renee

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Dawn! I should take my lead from you and start on Christmas cards!

Denise Marzec said...

So pretty, Dawn! Love this paper and the snowflakes along the left side. Great card!

jjcreations said...

Dawn this is so cute. I love the glittery snowman!!! I'm going to go pop by the OCC to see the challenge. Joa

Alex said...

This is a darling Christmas card Dawn - I love the glitter!! I love this BG too, I have not cut into mine yet - LOL! I wish I could play, but we leave on vacation this week - I am still posting though so stop by and say hello! Have a fabulous week! I will catch up on your amazing work when I get back! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Allison Rankin said...

Love your chillin' card...great DP!

Mauna said...

This card is so cute..whats even better is it's 100 degrees outside and I am looking at a snowman...cool!!! You are a busy creative woman and everything has been fantastic.

Heather said...

Very nice card- I love how you tied the ribbon and the colors too.

Diane Gilbert said...

Dawn this card is adorable! Love the sparkle and the boot fur is tooo cute!!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a cute snowy card, Dawn!! I love the paper you've used, your pretty ribbon, and snowflakes!!

Deborah said...

Now that is what I call getting into the holiday spirit early! Love this stamp set and your embellies!Have a great rest of the weekend Dawn, you rock! Deb

Jessie/knightrone said...

You go girl, getting a head start!!LOL!! super cute!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card Dawn! Beautiful coloring and wonderful sparkle.