Thursday 12 June 2008

Father's Day Project

Good Thursday Afternoon!
I've got to be quick....lol
I need to have a little bite to eat before heading to the school as I have a dentist app't at 1:00 to get my wisdom tooth looked at. I KNOW she's going to say we have to pull it...YIKES! I hate the dentist and I don't want it done today....I'm such a chicken eh? Think it may be infected anyway and will need some antibiotics first ;) Whew...that will give me a few days to stress over it some more...ugh!
Today on SCS the Ways To Use it Challenge was posted. It was Picture This....
Anything to do with photos. So I decided to make a frame for Father's Day. I needed a card too, since Brian saw every card I had previously made and he kept asking...is THIS my card? LOL!
I'll let Chloe pick out a picture to put in it for him.
This was the first time I had really used this All in the Family set....a little challenging for me....but it came out okay. I wasn't even going to ATTEMPT to stamp myself or the dog.
Here is a closer look at the frame:
Supplies: East Coast Prep DP; Accessories: Wasabi Striped Ribbon, Urban West Rub Ons
Here is a closer look at the card:
Stamps: All in the Family; Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, WW and East Coast Prep DP; Inks: Adirondack Black, SU! Marker(to draw balloon string); Accessories: Copic Markers, Wasabi Ribbon, Key Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch
Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Renée said...

eww, I hate going to the dentist too. I get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. I've had all my wisdom teeth pulled one at a time, not fun.

Your card and frame are fabulous. I love the colours and the layout of the card is fab!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is so great! I love it! I love the little girl and her dad on the card! TOo cute!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love your card and frame! I have to use my samj with that set - I'm too anal to do it without. The dog is easy though - all one stamp! Love your blog!

Tanya said...

This is so fun! I love your Father's Day plan!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the frame Dawn, great colors too!! Cute card...I've eyeballed that sey, but still haven't bought it...very tempting though:-)

Anonymous said...

This is such a nice set, Dawn! You did a great job, he's gonna love it!

Patsy said...

Love your frame and card. Very cute!! I HATE the dentist also. I hope everything turns out ok.

Mimi Hornberger said...

Wow! I love them! TFS! Mimi

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...that frame is charming!

Anonymous said...

This card is BEYOND adorable! I've always liked that set but I'm too impatient to take the time to line up all the parts!

Alex said...

This is a fabulous dad's day gift set - I love the daddy and little girl, too cute! Great use of primary colors for this, it looks awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Libby Hickson said...

These are sooo cute and so perfect for Father's Day!! And I read your other post - so sorry about your dental news. :-(

Nancy Riley said...

Too too cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

How cool is this, what fun, awesome job. Hope you feel better, poor baby. Hurting teeth is no fun.

Jennifer Love said...

Oh these are great! I am loving these bright colors. :)

Donna Baker said...

oh these are ADORABLE! absolutely love it

reeree62 said...

Dawn, that is just beautiful! Love it!

Jamie Martin said...

Love the frame and matching card! Good luck with your tooth, I'm with you, I hate the dentist :(

Christina Fischer said...

OMGosh Dawn, this is fantastic!!!!! This set couldn't be any cuter! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your teeth -- NO fun!! I'll cross my fingers for an easy surgery and quick recovery!! Hugs!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I just love the colors in this project!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...I love your Father's Day goodies, Dawn!! Fabulous!!

Jody Morrow said...

What an adorable Father's day set! Super cute in bright colors!

(you've been busy! I am trying to catch up on all my blog browsing and you have so many wonderful things to look at!)

Allison said...

Where did you find the frame? I've been trying to find ones like that in Lethbridge but dont' know where to look.