Thursday 12 June 2008

A Tag...

Well the dentist didn't go THAT well....ugh
I need to have my two wisdom teeth out but the nerves are wrapped around them, which means dental surgery...ACK! I'm am scared $*&!less blood...
Tuesday I have a consultation with my dental surgeon and then it will probably be three to four weeks before I get them out. I'm in so much pain now, I can't imagine waiting another month.
I'm so bummed by it, I don't even feel like stamping right now...
I would like to share a TAG with you though :)
Monika from MAD Stamper tagged me yesterday....thanks Monika!
I'm usually awful about getting these up here....lol
I'm going to answer some questions then tag some people ;)
1. 10 Years Ago- We were living in Southern Alberta and I was driving 30 minutes or so into work each day....oh how I don't miss rush hour! We were childless and had three dogs instead...lol
2. 5 Things on my To Do List Today
-Go to Dentist
-Work on the SCS challenge
-Work lunch program
-Return emails
-Prep for my SAS next week
3. Snacks I love: hmmmm I love Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn...although my teeth don't! I also love Verner's Gingerale but can't get it here :(
4. Things I'm going to do when I'm a millionaire:
-Retire...this SAHM thing is exhausting!
-Buy my parents a nice retirement home
-Buy us a home somewhere that doesn't see snow
-Invest
-Donate
-Buy stamps!
5. Places I have lived:
-Windsor, Ontario; Essex, Ontartio; Grande Prairie, Alberta; Edmonton, Alberta; Calgary, Alberta; Okotoks, Alberta
I'd like to TAG my new "OCC" friends!
Amy Sheffer from Pickled Paper Designs
Cindy Haffner from Cindy Haffner's Corner
Denise Marzec from The Paper Landscaper
Jennifer Meyer from Jennifer's Sweet Design's
Laurie Schmidlin from Just Give Me Stamps
Lynda Benden from Stamp Act

15 comments:

Nancy said...

you poor girl!! HUGS!

Denise Marzec said...

Ugh! Wisdom teeth (been there)...I hope there's some way it can be pushed up so you dont' have to wait so long.

Thanks for tagging me. I'm already behind on one tag, so I'd better get my butt in gear, LOL!

I'll try to post mine tonight or tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

I just had my wisdom teeth taken out and the actual taking them out wasn't horrible (although it wasn't fun) but the recovery is what sucked! My tongue was 1/2 numb for THREE months afterward! Supposedly an occasional side affect. So hopefully your surgery goes better.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your surgery! I hate any kind of tooth issue. Ugh. If you have to wait that long, I hope the dentist can at least give you something to help with the pain when it's really bad. UGHHHHHH (again)! Big hugs, Dawn!!

Alex said...

Oh, I am so very sorry Dawn - that sounds awful! HUGS TO YOU GIRL!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer Meyer said...

Dawn... How sad! I hope you are ok and in not in too much pain! I feel for you and hope you are ok. Please know we are ALL thinking of you!

Thanks for the fun tag, I will join in on the fun! :)

Many hugs, Jennifer :)

Nancy Riley said...

Your dental work doesn't sound like ANY fun, Dawn! I feel for ya'!

Thanks for sharing those fun facts about yourself!

Steph said...

Thanks for sharing your facts with us. Try to be positive about the wisdom teeth! It won't be so bad:)

Donna Baker said...

ohh, bummer about the wisdom teeth (I'm sure you will do fine) but sorry about the long wait! not fun at all

Marilyn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth! I had one pulled, but it didn't require surgery. I'll be praying for you that they can do something for your pain in the meantime. It was interesting reading all your facts too!

Denise G said...

Know your pain... I am so sorry. I hope that your weekend will still be enjoyable. Hang in there.
Denise G

Renée said...

oh yuck ... that really sounds awful. I abhor dentists and the idea of dental surgery makes me want to run to Siberia ... The pain sound horrible, nothing worse than dental pain IMO (not even labour).

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Dawn I know how scared you are!! I HATE the dentist and am actually petrified of them. THis happended to me when I had to get my wisdom teeth out. I waited and my face actually swelled up because 2 were also impacted. 2 weeks before my wedding I had to have surgery to take them out. I am telling you all I remember is a pinch for the needle, then telling me to count backwards from 10 and I don't think I got to 8! Next thing I know I hear my name, I woke up and it was done. I felt terribly groggy, and eatting wasn't happening for a while but the procedure itself was easy. Pulling my tooth with me awake-that freaked me out even more. It will be OK. This is coming from a girl who almost passed out the last time I went to the dentist! LOL!

Rose Ann said...

Oh Dawn...I'm so sorry about the pain you're experiencing!! I hope you are able to be rid of your discomfort sooner rather than later!! Hugs!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry about your teeth! I definitely know that excruciating pain. I was absolutely terrified before I had my oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. I was so terrified, I even had a panic attack and passed out - not once, but TWICE during the consultation! Then I was not only terrified, but incredibly embarrassed! LOL But the actual experience was nothing to worry about. They sat me down, counted a few numbers and next thing I knew I was being wheeled out to the recovery area. I had pain longer than most (about a month), although it really wasn't as excruciating as the pain before the surgery. And it was partly my fault, because I didn't rest like I should have - I was just getting ready to launch Verve and had a million things to do, and I also wanted to be "tough" and didn't take the pain meds like I should have. Okay, sorry for writing a novel. Hope you feel better soon! HUGS!