Monday 16 February 2009

Featured Stamper Cards

Happy Monday!
I'll get to my cards in a minute...lol
Did you watch the Daytona 500 yesterday? If so, what did you think? I was sort of disappointed that rain was the cause of the end of the race. It must have been raining hard because in 2006 we wore raincoats the entire race...it misted the whole time and we were soaked...lol...WHY didn't they call it then? haha! Looking forward to the next race now.
Before sitting down to watch the Daytona 500 yesterday I ran down to make a couple of cards for the Featured Stamper on SCS. It was Julie Lacey....a fellow DT member at H & M Stamps! How exciting!
HERE is the first card I cased of hers. Loved the mailbox theme and since I had some awesome Whipper Snapper images from Denise, I could play along!
Stamps: Whipper Snapper; Cardstock: White, Sage Shadow, Choc Chip, Really Rust and Autumn Vine DP; Inks: Black; Accessories: Copics, Choc ribbon, Sage Shadow Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals
My second card that I made was a case of THIS card. I used the cute ballerina from the H & M Stamp set called Livin' A Girl's Life.
Stamps: Livin' a Girl's Life; Cardstock: White, Choc chip, Pretty in pink, Sweet Always DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Curvy Rectangle nesties, Eyelet Border Punch, Choc Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, 2 way glue pen and Dazzling diamonds
Thanks for stopping by today!

21 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I hate when races end that way. Very anti-climactic. But, Kevin got 2nd place, so I'll take it! Like you said, onto the next race now.

These are SUCH cute cards. I love what you did with the WS mailbox. Isn't that one totally fun to color?! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Love these cards! Great color!

corinnesomerville said...

I'll have to admit I'm not a Daytona watcher but I did watch some of it last night and it was disappointing to have the race end that way.

Love these cards, girlie !!! The skirt on the ballerina is adorable !

Cindy Haffner said...

Bummer about the rain Dawn. Love your card.

Unknown said...

Yep, I didn't like how the race ended .
I love your cards! I was excited Julie was the Featured Stamper, too!
I can't wait to play H&M's cute stamps.

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are both adorable! You have really been on a roll!

Lisa Kind said...

Love both of your cards! We were at a Daytona party yesterday and had a pool going. For $5 we got to randomly pick 2 drivers from a hat. DH won first prize! We never win, so that was exciting. Bummer the race was rained out!

Carolyn King said...

Adorable and beautiful! Great job on those cards!(You crack me up how you can whip up cards while waiting for laundry--below post!)

Rose Ann said...

Love both of your cards, Dawn!! Fun images and wonderfully colored too!! Happy Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards Dawn!! Fun images and they're both fabulously colored in!! :) TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both of these are just adorable, Dawn! LOVE them!

jjcreations said...

Both of these cards are great. Have a great day.

Alex said...

I was disappointed too with how the race ended!!!

Your cards are way cute Dawn! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Vicki Burdick said...

Love that mailbox and pumpkin card Dawn, its fabulous!!!!

Christina Fischer said...

I happened to catch the end of the race -- it was disappointing!

Adorable cards -- you know how to crank 'em out! :)

Christina Fischer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Paull said...

Nice cards. That mailbox is cute!

Unknown said...

Amazing...as usual!
Thank you for your awesome inspiration. You are one of my all time favorite crafters and I appreciate you sharing your incredible talent with us all!
Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
PS I've tagged you with the new Butterfly Award. You can see it on my blog: www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com
Hugs!

Pam Varnell said...

Love both of your cards today Dawn!! Beautiful. Love the new look of your blog too. WTG girlfriend!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Man you're a productive gal!! Great cards Dawn!! Love the pumpkin & the mailbox, too cute!!

Hugs, Kelly

Joan Ervin said...

Maybe we should have done a *go away rain dance* Sunday morning...I hate it when rain gets in the way of an exciting race!!! Anyway...love your cards, Dawn!!! The little ballerina is adorable and the mail box image is adorable!!! Your coloring is FABO, too!!!