Friday 6 February 2009

♥Friends♥

Good Morning!
I'm still not feeling that great. Thinking I have a sinus infection so I may need to pop into the doctor today. Snickers has a groomer app't this morning but I'll try and squeeze in a little stamping time before that :)
The Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS yesterday was to Pile-Up those Embellishments. My first card is a SU! only. I got the colours from the Flower Fusion tin.
Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Choc Chip.
As you can see I layered the flowers and added a silver brad.
Stamps: Upsy Daisy; Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Choc chip, Pink pirouette, WW and Bella rose dp; Inks: Baja and Choc chip; Accessories: Scalloped edge punch, Silver Brads, Flower Fusions, Large Oval Punches, Dimensionals
I combined the WT challenge with Cindy's MFT sketch #67 that you can find in the MFT forum on SCS. This one layers the Ghost Flower with a Yellow Prima and two Blue Primas and also the Crystal Brad.
Stamps: MFT, Pocket Silhouettes; Cardstock: Soft Sky, PTI Lemon Tart, White and Crate Paper dp; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Oval nesties, Lemon Tart Ribbon, Ghost Flower, Primas, Crystal Brad, Word Window Punch, Ticket corner punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Be sure to stop back tomorrow! I have an extra fun challenge card to show you along with my other Saturday Challenge cards!

19 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Yeah, probably a good idea to go see the doctor and get some good meds. I hope you feel better. {{hugs}}

Totally adorable cards. I like how you layered the sentiment with ovals too.

Lisa Brown said...

Love these cards! the Upsy Daisy colors are so yummy!

Christina Fischer said...

Great cards, dawn! Love the way you layered your embellishments!

Feel better soon!!!!

Norine said...

like both of these cards
the layered oval looks great
Hugs
Norine

Cindy Haffner said...

Both are gorgeous Dawn, hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful samples Dawn! Get better soon, Jennifer :)

Julia Aston said...

So sorry you're not feeling well Dawn! I love both of these pretty cards - so bright and springy!

Allison said...

Love the layers and soft colours.
Hope you feel better soon!

Rose Ann said...

The colors on your silhouette card are very pretty, and I love how you have the two-tones oval under the sentiment!! Love your felt flowers too!!

Your MFT card is so fresh and beautiful, and I love the bling!!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope the Dr. can get you something to get you back to yourself. Hugs!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous color palettes for both! And I like these primas!

Julie said...

I am absolutely LOVING the color combo on the first card!!

www.paperpleasing.typepad.com

Jessie/knightrone said...

Yep, I agree, to the Dr. with you!! Super cute stuff though girlie, I love the bright and fresh colors!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous! I love the flowers on both!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Hey Dawn,
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I love the look of your blog (not sure when you changed it...but I like it :)))
Hope you get well soon!
Angie

p.s. beautiful cards

Jenn D said...

I hope you feel better soon. Something nasty is going around. Evan has RSV and is miserable.

Both of these cards are so cute. I haven't played with Upsy Daisy in a while. Great job piling up those accessories.

Jessica said...

Ooh, I LOVE how you framed that oval! What a great idea.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Get better soon!

Michele Boyer said...

What lovely color combos on both of these!! The first is so calming and the second so springy!!

Kelly Schelske said...

I so need to dig that stamp set out again!! Love it Dawn!! Lvoe the MFT card too, very pretty colors/papers!!

Hugs, Kelly

Jody Morrow said...

Your MFT card is so beautifully colored! Great work as always!

Sorry to bombard you with comments. LOL I haven't read blogs much this past month while I was sick. I am trying to catch up. LOL