Sunday 15 February 2009

Happy RACE DAY oh and some cards too :)

Happy RACE DAY!!!
I'm a little sad I won't be sitting in the stands for the Daytona 500 today BUT I will be there for the July race :)
Denise and I made more racing cards to celebrate this BIG day!
Mine uses Jen's SFYTT...except my image panel is a little wider than in her sketch.
I figured Jeff could use some GOOD LUCK! So I pulled out the cute SASI stamp set called Year of Sweets 1. I dug through my stamps to find a checkered flag and luckily I had the ATV set from H & M Stamps. Unfortunately it is a retired set though :( Sorry!
The #24 was done using the JustRite Stamps.
We'd love for you to play along with us and if you upload to SCS use keyword Nascar1 so we can check out your cool card!
Stamps: Year of Sweets 1, JustRite Stamps, ATV; Cardstock: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, White; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, 1/2" circle punch, Real red ribbon, Eyelet Border punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals
I've been wanting to make one of these card holder totes since Julie Buhler did a tutorial. After seeing Renee Van Stralen do one...I had to get at it!
Mine uses the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set along with the Sweet Always DP.
Here are the four cards I've made to put inside. Fairly simple as I am using up the last of my Sweet Always DP.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Now go get ready to cheer on Jeff Gordon ;)

19 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Dawn!! What an AWESOME idea to put the checkered flag in the pot of gold. I love the idea and the card is BEAUTIFULLY done, girl!!

Love your tote and cards to go in it too! I should try to make one of these. Very cute!

Happy Race Day, my friend!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Dawn you have been busy. Love that flag, cute, cute, everything is so cute.

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling race card, Dawn....I know this will bring lots of good luck to Jeff!!! Love the flag in the pot of gold!! Your gift bag and cards are fabulous, too...each card is sooo beautiful!!! Now you can kick back and enjoy the race!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Dawn - your racing card is super cute!!! Love your card tote - it's awesome!!!! All the matching cards are gorgeous!!!

Carolyn King said...

what an awesome collection of projects. Your cards are fantastic as always and love that little tote!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fab projects Dawn!! Love the purse tote...I think I need to make one too!!

Happy Race Day to you my friend!!

Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Dawn, all your cards are so awesome! I really like the Nascar card and the idea of putting the checkered flag in the pot of gold! A really nice touch! :)

Your card holder & tote is so sweet! I love it! :)

Happy Daytona 500 Day! Enjoy!
Wendy

Rose Ann said...

Your Race Card is so cute and very clever, Dawn!! I'm loving your fabulous card tote and all of the cards you've made for it!! They're all so very pretty!!

Happy Race Day!!

Nancy Riley said...

LOVE your race day themed card, Dawn! The gift tote & card collection is incredibly CUTE! You amaze me!

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE the raceday card, it is so CUTE!! Super cute project too, love the bag!!

jjcreations said...

Everything is wonderful. Your race card is very cute. And all of the cards to go into your package are great!

Alex said...

Ooh, fabulous race card Dawn - too bad the race got called for rain, but it was pretty fun to watch up until that point!!! Great tote and cards, just really cute!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Neva said...

DAwn these are all just fantastic. I love them all. Sorry you did not get to go to the race.
Congrats on H&M DT slot.Can't wait to see what gorgeous creations you make.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You come all the way to Daytona for the races?! That's a dedicated fan! My husband was working there this weekend so the kids and I tagged along. We got to go to the truck race on friday then we hung out at the hotel and the beach on saturday before heading back to Jacksonville saturday night. We are hoping to be able to go down again for the July race, but I don't think we will actually be able to go to the race.
I love the card designs and the card holder. Julie has some awesome tutorials!
~Lacey

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a fun project, Dawn! I love all of the card designs! I was thumbing through the SU! catalog last night wishing I had this set! Great job!

Donna Baker said...

ha ha! I love your Good Luck Jeff Gordon Cuppie!!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, oh, oh -- everything is just SO cute!! I have to make one of those totes! :)

Michele Boyer said...

So cute! I love how you added the little flag to the cupcake! :)

Unknown said...

Love those cards!! What a great set!