Saturday 7 February 2009

Let's Go Racing!

If you are here for the OCC or Lauren's Saturday sketch....scroll down to the second post :)
I can hardly believe this day has finally arrived!
Tonight is the Bud Shootout!!!
Denise and I decided to make some racing cards to celebrate the beginning of the Nascar season!
Ok so most of you know I'm a huge #24 Jeff Gordon Fan right? Well all you Gordon haters can keep those nasty comments to yourself....lol....I adore him and I'm sure he's going to miss waving at me this year since I'm not going to the Daytona 500 :(
Seriously...every year I swear to goodness he's waving at me♥ while doing his lap around the track before the race ;)
Ok so onto my card!
For those that don't know who he is...his team has been known as the Rainbow Warriors so that is where all the rainbow colours come from on my card. The Let's Go Racing! was made using the JustRiteStampers and the 24 on the car door too. I KNOW it's crooked but I'm not fixing it....lol
The red 24 was embossed with Red EP and then cut out and popped up.
Let me say it because I'm sure you want to....you can't believe I made Jeff out to be a penguin....hahahahaha....well it was the ONLY car stamp I had. It's Joyride Percy from H & M Stamps.
Stamps: Joyride Percy, Taffy Numbers, JustRite Stampers; Cardstock: Real Red, WW, Black and Scenic Route DP; Inks: Memento Black, Versamark; Accessories: Copics, Silver Brads, Red EP, Dimensionals
You need to RUN to Denise's Blog now to see what she came up with....I can't wait to see!
Now it's your turn! If you are a Nascar fan and would like to play along with Denise and I this week please load your cards to SCS with keyword Nascar1 and we'll check them out! I'm excited to see some other Nascar fans and who their favourite drivers are.
Next week we'll do it again for the Daytona 500 on the Sunday!!

25 comments:

Norine said...

that is the cutest love everything about it
Hugs
Norine

Denise Marzec said...

OM Goodness, this is the COOLEST card. I love how you put his number on the car, the cut out numbers on the corner, and that paper is just PERFECT for the Rainbow Warriors. Hehe, love it, girl!!

This WAS fun and I can't wait to do it again next week.....and oh yeah, when you're at the track it DOES feel like they're waving right at ya!

Feel better! {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Dianne would be LHBO to see your fellow Nascar card making friend is a Harvick fan. Her card is fantastic!
Shootout should be interesting this year with the format changed....don't care, just want to hear the engines and see some racing! Good luck to all the drivers and can't wait till tonight!!!
Feel better soon!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Dawn this is so darn cute, awesome job.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fun, fun, fun and so darn cute too!!!

Unknown said...

Dawn, this is so fun! The rainbow colors are so perfect for Jeff's famous Du Point car!
I'll definitely try the challenge. Thank you for sharing.

Jackie Pedro said...

While I'm not a racing fan, Jeff Gordon is the cutest, IMO!!

Love your card, Dawn!! Adorable!

Hope you're feeling better....

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am not a race fan, but I love the card. Great colors and fun image. TFS!

Maria said...

Hey Dawn, I'm sorry to say but I don't think I ever watched a single Nascar race!! LOL!

I love your card! It's so darn cute and that racer penguin is so adorable. I guess the girl penguins are gonna go ga-ga over him like you do with Jeff Gordon! LOL!!

Hey, my college football team was called Rainbow Warriors!! Yay!

Maria

Ida said...

Your card is so cute and adorable. While I'm not a (Nascar) fan - Sorry, just never could see the fascination with watching cars go round and round a track - but then again I'm sure there are people who don't see the fascination with watching a Cowboy get bucked off a Bull either (my favorite sport PBR Bullriding)- I wish your driver luck though and think your card is perfectly FUN for the occasion.

corinnesomerville said...

How cute is this !!!! The perfect card for the perfect Nascar fan !!!!

Carolina said...

Oh no sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%...hope you feel better soon!

Adorable card...just love Percy and the way you colored his car!

sparkling stamper said...

My husband and I are Jeff Gordon fans, too. Aside from the fact that he is so good (& cute), I don't know why so many others hate him so much. He is always so nice! Do you think he will retire after this year?
You need to put Jeffy's face on the penguin!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute, but it would look SO MUCH BETTER with a 14 on the side of it, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Dawn! You did a wonderful job with the colors and the 24 cut out is awesome! Thanks for the NASCAR challenge today! I finally got mine done & posted! :)
Enjoy the race tonight!

Feel better soon!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only Nascar Stamper out there. My friends think I'm crazy because I love to stamp on Friday afternoon. They just dont' understand that's when qualifying is on, and in my mind that is the best time to stamp! Enjoy Speed Week!

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun! My DH hates Nascar so we watch F1. I can't say that I really have my heart in it either way but I do know most of what is going on and we did go to Montreal a few years back. Yes, I rock as a wife.

Lynda Benden said...

Too cute Dawn! What a fun challenge for you and Denise! I love the penguin, such a darling stamp! I will have to go check out Denise's card now!

Alli Miles said...

Super cute card!

Vickilyn said...

Very cute card!! I am not a Jeff fan, but for sportsmanship sake - I won't say anything against him either! LOL

I was routing for my boy Kyle - Go #18!!! Maybe at the 500 :)

Hopefully I will find the time to take on this challenge!

Rose Ann said...

Your cart is just adorable, Dawn!! Fun image and colors!!

Oh...I bet Jeff was waving at YOU, 'cause you're just too darn cute!! :D

Kim said...

Let's Go Racin'! YAY...another NASCAR girl! Woot Woot! I am a huge NASCAR fan...thanks to my hubby for getting me into it! I love your card and have to show it to my hubby who has been a Jeff Gordon fan since he started racing! :) So my hubby will absolutely love your card!!! We are huge Hendrick Racing Fans here! I am a Jimmie Johnson Girl! Been cheering for him since he's been a rookie! And it helps that he's VERY cute! hee hee!
Hugs~ Kim

Corie said...

Great card -- congrats on Jeff's finish, he did a great job.

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Dawn....Jeff Gordon is my son Steve's favorite racer....I will join in next Sunday so I can use the super cool #24 dp I have been hoarding!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Too fun Dawn!! Love the striped paper and that drive is awesome!!