Tuesday 17 February 2009

Mojo Cards and TLC Round Box Top

Good Tuesday Morning!
It was Family Day here in Alberta yesterday and boy was it nice to have a long weekend!
I had a productive day and I managed to make two Mojo74 cards, both of them butterfly themed.
This first one is a SU! only card but uses the retired Chocolate Poly Twill....my Choc Taffeta was MIA ;)
Stamps: Simple Friendship; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Baja Breeze, WW and Parisian Breeze Speciality DP; Ink: Choc Chip, Baja Breeze; Accessories: Silver Brads, 1 3/4" circle punch, Choc poly twill, Dimensionals
My second card for Julee's Mojo74 sketch.
Stamps: Best Yet; Cardstock: PTI white, Berry sorbet, Lemon tart and MM dp; Inks: Berry sorbet; Accessories: SU! butterfly die, Martha butterfly punch, Pearls, Circle nesties, Lemon tart ribbon, Dimensionals
Monday's Try a New Technique Challenge was a Rounded Top Box. You can find the thread and template for it HERE. The other day I stamped a few of these SASI Year of Sweets 1 images when working on my racing card. I thought it would be perfect to make a St. Patrick's Day treat holder! Now to get some of those chocolate gold coins to put inside....lol
Stamps: Year of Sweets 1; Cardstock: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, White and Maine Blueberry DP; Inks: Memento Inks; Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Old Olive Ribbon, Circle Nesties, Copics
Thanks for stopping by today!

24 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Yay for butterfly-themed cards!!...you did an AWESOME job on both of them with Julee's sketch. They're beautiful!

Your St. Patty's day cuppy is sooo cute. I love how you colored his sweet little cheeks!!

corinnesomerville said...

These butterflies are gorgeous, girlie !!! Truly breathtaking !!!
Hope you had a great family day yesterday....we did :)

Ifat Art said...

I love the butterflies card - AWESOME!

Allison said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the butterflies and the colours.

Barb said...

I am so in love with the glad we're friends card. The colors are so happy. Great card.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your butterflies, and sketch, so fun. Was nice to have a long week-end.

Allison Rankin said...

Super rock and roll card! That cupcake one is pretty darn cute...I don't think I ever make anything for St. Pat's!

Renée said...

nice, Dawn! Love the butterfly theme!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards!! WOW! I really love the top butterfly creation!! BEAUTIFUL!! TFS! :)

Alex said...

LOVE your butterfly cards!! And, that little St. Patty's day basket is adorable, just love it! Glad to hear you had a nice weekend, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Both of your butterfly Mojo cards are gorgeous, Dawn!! I love the colors and rock-n-rolled butterfly on the first...and the beautiful colors & layered butterfly on the second!!

Your treat holder is adorable too!!

Bethany Paull said...

I love butterflies. These are so different, but both so beautiful. Really fun box too.

Vicki Burdick said...

All amazing cards and I love that little St. Patty's Day Treat Holder!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Dawn!! I love the paper in the top card, love the butterfly too!! Gorgeous Mojo 2, love the springy colors! How fun is your St Patty's day project!! Man I wish I could crank out the amazing creations like you do!!

Hugs for a super week!!

Kelly

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute cards, and the box is adorable!!

Lori said...

I'm loving the butterfly cards--spring is coming soon, right? The two-toned color combination of the first one is so pretty. I haven't broken down yet and gotten the SU! butterfly die yet, but it may just be going on my next order.

jjcreations said...

Dawn, you always blow me away with your projects - they are always fantastic. I love the top one - the way you did the two tone butterfly. I just have to get that die!

Priscilla said...

I love the butterfly cards and the box is soo cute! :o)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful cards - Dawn!!! Can't go wrong with butterflies - LOL!!! Your little treat box turned out so cute too!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

You amaze me with all you get done!! Love both butterfly cards and your St. Patty's Day treat box is adorable!!

Joan Ervin said...

Your butterfly cards are absolutely gorgeous, Dawn....such pretty colors and details!! The little St. Patty's Day box is adorable, too...gotta love those cuppies!!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh man Dawn, your mojo cards are awesome!! I love that sketch and need to get a chance to play dangit!!! LOL!!! I love the butterfly on the first card, it is beautiful!

The box is darling too! What a cute gift idea.

Hope Brian is feeling better!

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are adorable! Such sweet designs! I love butterflies!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh goodness, those butterfly cards are MOJO-licious! Beautiful, beautiful stuff, Dawn! Thanks for playing! :)