Saturday 7 February 2009

OCC and Saturday Sketch

Good Morning!
Still suffering from this stinkin' cold but I'm hoping by the end of the weekend I'll be good as new!
This is my first post for today....another one will follow in a few hours ;)
My first card is for Lauren's Saturday Sketch!
She always has such a clean sketch and I can't help but keep my cards simple and limit my layers when I do them.
Here I have used this cute monkey stamp from Stampendous and the sentiment is from AmyR's Wedding Sentiments that you can get at All That Scraps.
Check out what the Saturday Sketch girls have done:
Stamps: Stampendous Monkeys, AmyR Wedding Sentiments; Cardstock: Kraft, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Choc Chip, White and American Crafts DP; Ink: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Scalloped edge punch, Martha flower punch, Heart punch, Large oval punch, Rhinestones, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Dimensionals
Today's Our Creative Corner Challenge is an Inspiration Challenge. You were to be inspired by something like ribbon, buttons, DP, embellishments....you get the idea :)
My inspiration was this cool American Crafts DP and matching ribbon! I ♥ American Crafts dp!
I used Taylor's Sketch #54 for my layout. The stamps are from the SASI which you can get HERE. The umbrella and beach ball are popped up on dimensionals.
Would you like to see what the other girls have done for their card?
Stamps: SASI Year of Sweets 2 and Year of Sweet Sentiments; Cardstock: Real Red, White and American Crafts DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Paper piercer, Circle Punches, Scalloped Circle AC ribbon, Dimensionals, Stardust Gel Pen
Thanks for stopping by today!
Be sure to stop back later to see another card!

12 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

Dawn,those monkeys are just SO sweet! I love the piercing in the corner and the flowers with the heart centers! The cupcake one is cute too! Such fun, bright colors!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute cards Dawn! LOVE the fun colors on both cards and darling detail!

Get better soon,
Jennifer :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Dawn - hope you'll recover quickly!!! Hugs ~S~

Your cards are all fab again!!! Love the DP and ribbon on your OCC card - so fun and bright!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin good Dawn, love them both.

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling cards!! The monkey is too cute...

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Aw, these are so cute! Love that little cuppie and his brightly colored umbrella. Have a great weekend!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love the bright colors on the cuppie card - the ribbon makes it!! The monkey one is adorable - love that punch!

Lynda Benden said...

Hope you are feeling better Dawn!!! Lauren's sketch card is AWESOME! Love those cute little monkeys and your OCC card is awesome too! Love the ribbon and the papers are perfect with it! We actually had sun today, sorry, don't want to make you feel bad! LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Very sweet cards - I love the monkeys and the pink! Very cute! :)

Rose Ann said...

Goodness...I am loving the monkeys (should pull mine out, but I'm running out of time). I love your dotted scalloped border, heart flowers, and piercing!!

Your sunbathing cupcake is so very cute as well!! I love the dimension, ribbon, and layered sentiment!!

Corie said...

These are absolutely adorable

Kelly Schelske said...

Love those crazy monkeys, fun flower punch too!! The little cupcake dude is so cute!! Fun colors too!!

Hugs, K