Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thinking of You Friend

Good Morning!
First I would like to thank you all for your sweet comments on my Diaper Cake yesterday!! I had a blast making it and already have an order for one! yippee!
We are in another winter deep freeze here...
This card makes me wish for SPRING!!
I combined the Colour Challenge and Julee's Mojo75 sketch for my card.
This is a SU! only card.
Stamps: Trendy Trees; Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, WW and Good Morning DP; Inks: Choc chip and Kiwi kiss; Accessories: SAMJ, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Silver brads, Eyelet Border punch, Word window punch, Circle punches, Dimensionals
A couple of days ago, Kelly Lunceford, posted a super cool Matchbook Box Tutorial on her blog. I couldn't wait to work on it! I used some semi-thin inexpensive dp in case I didn't get it right....lol
It's wonderfully written and easy to understand. Takes minutes to put together!
This is what I came up with....a shot of it opened a bit.
Stamps: Bird on a Branch, A little somethin'; Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, White and MM Paperie dp; Inks: Kiwi and Choc chip; Accessories: Oval nesties, MM Paperie buttons and flowers, Designer label punch, Misc ribbon, Sponges, Linen thread
Thanks for stopping by!
Tomorrow starts the All That Scraps previews!

23 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Look at you go with all the 3D stuff lately. That box is SOOOO elegant. Love the shades of green, ribbon, and embellishing. Seriously beautifully done, girl!! I'm going to have to try making one. It's totally cool!

Norine said...

love the card with the shades of green and the box is just great
Hugs
Norine

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that box and you rocked the sketch, what fun you have been having.

Christyne said...

Great job on the Mojo/Colour challenge! I love those little trees!

You did great on the box too...I need to try one of those.

Christina Fischer said...

Awesome projects! Your card is so warm and summery, and the box is just beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your card and your box - they're both fabulous Dawn!! Great colors and details.

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing job on the color challenge!! Love your box, too - so elegant!

Rose Ann said...

Your color challenge card is so beautiful, Dawn...and your matchbox is fabulous!! Love the stamps and papers, you've used!!

Allison Rankin said...

Yum...gorgeous tree card! I want this set! Your box is super too...I am off to check it out!

Renée said...

Wow, Dawn, love the colours of your card! You used the challenges perfectly together!! The box is great too. I've been meaning to make one when I have some more time ...

Congrats on getting an order for your diaper shirt cake!!

{pam} said...

two very awesome projects!!! love the spring feel of the card . . . can't wait for spring to be here!! heading over now to check out the tutorial for that awesome matchbox!

Allison said...

Great projects. That card is stunning!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Dawn!!! I tought it was so fun and bright when I saw it over on SCS - it really screams Spring!!! The box is fab too...off to see the tutorial!!!

BTW - we suppose to have it in the 70's tomorrow - wanna come by??? Hop on the next plane....Hugs ~S~

Michele Boyer said...

Love your spring card, Dawn! (I *really* like allt he piercing!) Fab box too!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the box! What fun. Your other bright fun card is nice too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute stuff..love the box!!

Rachel said...

You're so talented! Lovely!

Kim's Life said...

I Love them both!!!! Great Job!

Paula Barin said...

Love the bright colours on your card. The matchbox is so cute. I just might attempt it too.

Nancy Riley said...

Awesome projects, Dawn! You KNOW how much I like Trendy Trees, and what you've done with it is AMAZING!

Kelly Schelske said...

The box looks fabulous!! Your sketch card is great, love the colors:-)

Vicki Burdick said...

love this trendy tree card!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Your card is gorgeous and so is the matchbox! Love em' both!

HEY I LOVE the way your blog looks! I need help with mine. It looks so boring and plain! Did you do yours yourself? Was it hard! I REALLY like it. :)