Thursday 21 May 2009

Hello Sunshine!

Good Morning!
I think our weather is finally turning nice again. This below freezing isn't right for mid-May...yuck! I'll be happy to pull out my flip flops again this weekend!!! Better paint my toe nails :)
The SCS sketch was a GREAT one yesterday and I had to make two cards! This first one is a SU! only card. I love that Good Morning Sunshine DSP and I think I'll need to stock up on it...just for these three patterns....lol
Stamps: Cheep Talk; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Pacific Point, WW and Good Morning Sunshine DSP; Inks: Choc Chip, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie; Accessories: Flower Trio Punch, Silver Brads, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Dimensionals
My second card uses a cute set from H & M Stamps called Comfy Valentine. I paper pieced her bloomers with some Georgia Peach DSP.
Stamps: Comfy Valentine; Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, WW and Georgia Peach DSP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Primas, Crystal Brad, Pretty in Pink Ribbon, Paper Snips, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

Both of them are absolutely gorgeous! good job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh darling, love your happy colors.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow, Dawn I love them! You have such a knack for putting fun colors together!! You know that you are the reason I love Pacific Point, right? :-)

And, I have to tell you that I COMPLETELY feel for you!! I'll be nice and won't tell you that we have been enjoying warm and gorgeous weather! LOL! Actually, it's turning cold here again also...
We should start some kind of support group....stampers who never experience Spring...or something like that! LOL!

I hope you get to wear your flip flops very soon!!

Unknown said...

These are great Dawn! I love those papers...great color choices too! mmmmm...you've got me wanting to go home and do the sketch! :) Have a super day!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Dawn!! Love the colors in them both! Cute bloomers too!
Hugs, Kelly

MacKenzie said...

LOVE both color combos!

Alex said...

Really cute cards Dawn, I am lovin' those bloomers, lol!! And, the flower accent looks fabulous!! Paint your toenails? No way, I go and get a pedicure and let someone else do it - heehee! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

michelle sturgeon said...

What a sweet card! Love the sentiment!

Jackie Pedro said...

Both cards are darling, Dawn!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, it is a great sketch...can't believe I forgot to check the SCS sketch?!! Where's my head?

Love the colors on BOTH of these cards. Can't even pick which one I like more because they both ROCK!

ChristineCreations said...

These are both so cute Dawn! And I'm with you on the weather, today when it was pouring and hailing I really wondered if we're ever going to have have warm sunshine! Time to go to Florida hey?

Lori said...

This was a great sketch to work with! Love the color combination on your first card, the paper piecing on the second one. Glad to hear it's finally warming up for you!

Carolina said...

Darlin' cards Dawn...love the h&m card...those bloomers are some of favs and you made an adorable card with it!!!

Rose Ann said...

What a sweet bird card, Dawn...and I just love those colors together!!

The bloomers are very cute, and I love your beautiful flower!!

Wonderful cards!!

Stamp and Smile said...

FANTASTIC take on the Sketch challenge this week... Definitely makes me SMILE!! Love the flower on the last card... so SPRINGY!! Think warm weather.. and flip flops!! Smiles... Michelle :)

Maria said...

Love both cards, Dawn! The colors on your first card is very vibrant. I love the color combo. Cute image on the second card. Love all the pink!!

Maria