Saturday 23 May 2009

My Time to Colour Challenge

Good Morning!
Today I am off to the Edmonton Extravaganza III!!!! Should be a fun filled day meeting tons of new friends from SCS!!
This week Lauren has a My Time to Colour Challenge. Be sure to visit her blog to link up your card to the Mr. Linky and everyone can visit you afterward :)
This is a sample of what the My Time Team created:

The colours I got from this were:
-Purely Pomegranate
-Temp. Turq
-So Saffron
-Groovy Guava
-Certainly Celery
I am lucky enough to have a good buddy....Denise... who shares her Whipper Snapper images with me....lol and I thought this image would be super sweet to use today! Thanks Denise~!
The colours frightened me a little so I went ultra simple here....colour blocking!
The tilted squares were a happy mistake....I had first taped the Pomegranate square straight and when I let go of the white base...it flipped a bit and the other layers(which were just sitting there) tilted and I thought it looked better that way....so I ripped off the Pomegranate layer and started fresh! This card is a 5" Square.
Stamps: Whipper Snapper; Cardstock: PTI white, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Temp. Turq, So Saffron; Ink: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Rhinestones, Circle Nesties, Dimensionals, Stardust Stickles
Now stop by the My Time Team to see what fabulous creations they have to share:
Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be gone most of the day but I will catch up with you all tonight! To my American friends....hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

16 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Love it Dawn! The layout is awesome!

Denise Marzec said...

Girl, you KNOW I love this card. Those angled squares...awesome! I love when mistakes turn into AMAZING IDEAS. I love this image too...one of my favorites from WS. Love how you colored her.

Have LOTS of fun today!

Kristin Eberline said...

What an awesome mistake! LOL I love how the tiles are tilted...they look great behind that cute main image :O) I need to make friends with your crowd! There are so many images I want to try! ha ha

Have a ton of fun today!! Wish we had something like that in this area...I would love to meet so many people that I communicate with regularly online. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Have a great weekend also!

AKiteFlier said...

What an adorable image and card. Serendipity with those angled squares! Love that. Have fun today.

Renée said...

ooooh, what a cute image, Dawn!! Love how you coloured her and I love the angled squares. Cute!

and yes, I'm having a fab trip!

Cindy Haffner said...

Dawn I think you are on to a new sketch idea, love it. --hugs Cindy xxoo

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Hi Dawn! This is absolutely adorable!

Tamara said...

This turned in to a happy mistake. I really like the tilted colour blocks. This is an adorable image, and really well coloured.

Kelly Schelske said...

It's wonderful dawn, great layout even if it was by accident!!

Cute image too!!

Have fun!

Kelly

Jackie Pedro said...

OMWord...LOVE the layout and the colors are so fun! Have fun today!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Super Cute Dawn! Don't you love happy mistakes? I would love for your housecleaning fairy to stop by here LOL! Have fun at your event today :)

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh is she ever KA-UTE!! Love her. I agree, the angles are perfection :D

Christina Fischer said...

Fun colors, fun layout -- the angles squares are great! :)

Nancy said...

Love it! The angles make it so appealing to the eye!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, that image is a cutie!! I love the cute face. Awesome job with your coloring, Dawn. I love the colors that you used. Very pretty!!

Maria

Rose Ann said...

Very cool layout...pretty colors...and super sweet image! I love your coloring too!!