Saturday 18 July 2009

It's all YUMMY here!

Hello!
Our weather has been GREAT here and I'm really looking forward to being outdoors and enjoying it this weekend! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!
Both of my cards were made using sketches and NO designer paper!!
This first one uses Taylor's TECC74 sketch. I used the super cute and yummy looking cupcake from the For the Love of Cupcakes set at Taylored Expressions.
I've been wanting to do this ribbon treatment FOREVER and each time I see Jody Morrow do it....I think...why haven't I tried that yet? Well today I am! If you haven't been to Jody's blog...you REALLY must go....she has such a creative style that I wish I could CASE daily....lol
Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes; Cardstock: White, Choc chip, Pink Pirouette, Gable Green; Accessories: Copics, Circle punch, Mat pack and paper piercer, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, Stickles, Dimensionals, Wavy Border Punch
This next card was made using the MFT sketch. I haven't used the yummy sundae image from Here's the Scoop in a long time and with the heat we have had, I thought it was time!
Stamps: Here's the Scoop; Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette, Choc chip, Gable Green; Inks: Memento black; Accessories: Copics, stickles, mat pack and paper piercer, ek success border punch, choc poly twill, pretty in pink grosgrain, dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by!
This is my SECOND post for today...scroll down for the My Time to Create Challenge ;)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn glad to see someone is having nice weather....Love your card, good luck with the challenges. Hugs Avril xx

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THESE!! Soooo soft and pretty, and GREAT ribbon treatment!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both DARLING Dawn! I love the sundaes, so cute! Have a great weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Dawn! Great job on the sketch... love the images and colors... TFS!

Silke Ledlow said...

YUMMY!!! Both cards are super-licious - Dawn!!! Awesome layouts too!!! Enjoy your wonderful weather and weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Crystal said...

Dawn these are sooo cute!!! Love both designs, colors, and layouts!!! Yummy for sure!! Great cards!

TannyP said...

The colors aren't ones I would've thought to put together, but they go very well! Both lovely submissions for the sketches.

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty pretty love your ribbon, and love your border punch.
--Today we have summer, so cool been cold for much to long.
--Hugs Cindy

Jackie Pedro said...

Looks good enough to eat! LOL! Kudos to you for using no DP! I totally rely on it anymore!! Enjoy your beautiful weather!

AKiteFlier said...

LOVE both of these - super cute and great sketches. The paper piercing adds just the right finishing touch! You are a master at that.

Kristin Eberline said...

GIRL!!! You ARE the queen of color! I LOVE both of these cards! The color combo is perfect...and so is that cute ribbon treatment you cased on the first one :O) LOL Thanks for always inspiring me!

Kelly Schelske said...

YUMMY is right Dawn, they are both awesome! Fun colors, great cards!

Hugs, K

Stamp and Smile said...

You are making me hungry for a sundae now... over these YUMMY cards! Your ribbon treatment is perfect and love your colors! I just need time to stamp! Enjoy your weekend... SMILES! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Your cards are gorgeous! :) You are so sweet to mention me! :) I am so thankful for you reading my blog. I read yours daily and your work is very inspiring to me. :)

HUGS!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful!!!! love the colors and love the beautiful clean look (you did a great job with no dp!)

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are totally cute!!

Carolina said...

Beautiful color combo and love the theme - yummo!!!

Maria said...

oooh, what yummy cards, Dawn! I love the color combo. Makes me want to get me a sundae! LOL!

You and Jody have a similar style. . very clean crisp look to your cards! Just gorgeous!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Maria

Regina said...

These are really soft and pretty - just love the yummy images too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Both are so yummy, and I love the colors & piercing!! You've done a wonderful job with the ribbon as well!!