Saturday 18 July 2009

My Time to Create-Inspiration Challenge

Today I'm sharing my challenge card for the My Time To Create Challenge that Lauren hosts each week. This week we have an inspiration piece. Lauren took the guess work out of it for us with the colours too...love that!
I never seem to have enough Thank You cards kicking around and I've used up most of my stash for all the teacher's last week. I loved the colours but I did have a hard time making them come together. I inked up the floral image from Thoughts & Prayers with my SU! markers and the sentiment comes from Trendy Trees.
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Trendy Trees; Cardstock: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Old Olive, Pomegranate, WW and DP; Inks: Old Olive, Rose Red, So Saffron; Accessories: White Brads, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Dimensionals, Pomegranate Ribbon
Stop by the My Time Team Blogs to see how the inspiration piece inspired them!
Thanks for stopping by today! I'm off to the zoo with Chloe and a couple of friends!

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

WOWIE, this one is GORGEOUS too! Love Love LOVE it!! Your stamp choice, the way you worked the colors, sketch, butterfly accents...awesome, love it all!

TannyP said...

That's a real beauty. It all came together beautifully!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, love your crisp lines, wish I could pull that off. Hugs Cindy

Jackie Pedro said...

Clean and beautiful! Love the colors! Great card, Dawn!

AKiteFlier said...

Dawn this is precious - I love how you really successfully pulled all the colors together. This was a tough inspiration for me - so much going on I couldn't really find my mojo. BUT I love what you did - the dainty flowers work so well with the dotted BG paper and the three butterflies are a perfect accent to pull it all together. Sorry I missed this post earlier - I saw the sweet post above WHICH I LOVE but missed the MTTI post! Hope work is going well for you. Hugs!

Kristin Eberline said...

Wow, Dawn! I LOVE your card. I never even contemplated flipping that image upward, but I LOVE how it looks!! Like a vine crawling up your cs :O) Also think your blocks of color are the perfect complement to your fresh card! Love that you used Pomegranate...that thought crossed my mind as well and now I'm wishing I did! LOL What on earth did you struggle with?! You make this look soooo easy! I always adore everything you make!

Hope you have fun at the zoo with Chloe :O)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Dawn!! Love your color choices --great LO too!!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Dawn! Lovely colors and that stamp is fabulous!

Hope you have a super day!

Kelly

DoxieGirl said...

this is just gorgeous! love how you colored the image and the polka dot paper peeking from behind! great sketch too! :)
~Kendra

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING Dawn!! Love the colors!!

Maria said...

Holy! Your card looks awesome. . .I totally love the layout and the images. Great color combo too! The colors mix so nicely together. Just a gorgeous card!

Maria

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What great colors together!! I love the stamp set too... one of my personal favorites! GREAT card!

Regina said...

This turned out beautiful Dawn!!! I love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

MacKenzie said...

JUST GAW-GUS DAHLING!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Dawn!! I love the stamps you've used...the pretty papers, and sweet little butterflies!!

Handmade by Odette said...

Oh my... Dawn!
Your card is simply GORGEOUS!!

Lynn Put said...

This is so pretty! I love the different colored flowers and butterfies!

Jen Tapler said...

WOW! This is just FABULOUS Dawn!! So beautiful!