Wednesday 14 October 2009

Merry Mass Production with Taylored Expressions

Good Morning!
Well it's snowing here :( Not a lot but still it's that white stuff! Oh well, it gets me in the holiday card making mood!
Today I have a fun little project to share with you.
I'm sure you are like me in that you love to make homemade Christmas cards. Now I don't usually mass produce because my cards typically have a lot of layers which makes them bulky. I do most of my Christmas card mailing to the States which costs almost $2 to mail each one. So when Taylor had the idea of us making some quick and simple cards that can be mass produced I knew I'd have to play along!
I made two designs and the only difference between them are the placement of the little crystals...lol
I love this new set from Taylored Expressions!
These were super easy to make and I'll tell you that I did them during the first period of the Oiler hockey game(which we won by the way!)
The card base is Choice Snow White...love the crisp look! I then cut pieces of Island Mist Light Prism 4.25 x 3.25. I had this pretty American Crafts DP that matched beautifully in my stash. That was cut at 4.25 x 3. After taping it to the Prism paper, I paper pierced along the bottom.
That was then taped to the cardbase. The snowman image comes from Holiday Wonder and was stamped in Memento Black Ink onto Choice Snow White. I coloured it with some Copic markers and cut it out with Oval Nesties. Another piece of Island Mist Light was cut with the Scalloped Oval. The white layer is popped up on the scalloped mat. The sentiment was stamped along the bottom. Some pretty rhinestones were added as the final detail.
Here is a group shot.
Stamps: Holiday Wonder; Cardstock: White, Prism, DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Oval Nesties, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer
Would you like some more holiday card inspiration? Stop by to see what the Baker's Dozen have come up with!
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Karen Motz
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist
Taylor VanBruggen

Taylor has issued a challenge to her readers as well...so be sure to read up on her blog!

25 comments:

TannyP said...

Gorgeous, Dawn! They're perfect for production =)

Donna Baker said...

super sweet, Dawn!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love the crisp look of the aqua on white, Dawn -- it's perfect for this sweet snowman!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Dawn!! Love that snowman! ADORABLE!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh these are just so fun, Dawn!! Love how you mixed up the crystal placement on half of them!!

Jami said...

These are so so so super sweet! What an awesome job on the challenge!

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS these are Dawn! LOVE the layout, the bling and the soft, gorgeous colors on this! Perfectly perfect in every way!!

Julia Aston said...

These are wonderful Dawn! I love the colors!

Tracy said...

The color just pops on these cards Dawn. Beautifully done. The placement of the bling does make them look different. I love them!

Karen Motz said...

Adorable!!! These little snowmen would warm up any cold winter day, they're so sweet!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love snow,em so darling.

Debbie Corbari said...

Hey Dawn! Super cute cards!!! I miss you girl! ;)

Mary Marsh said...

these christmas cards are so cute, dawn.

Melody said...

Really simple, cute cards that would make someone smile!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are fantastic, Dawn!! LOVE the colors and the bling!

Annie said...

Super adorable!!!

Denise Marzec said...

AWESOME, Dawn! I love this snowman too, especially with the Island Mist and bling. Very pretty!

Sankari W. said...

Simply perfect Dawn!!! LOVE the color choices and the layout is fantastic - simple, perfect, elegant and lovely!!! you so rock Dawn!!!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Very cute Dawn!

Beate said...

Dawn, these cards are sooo adorable! Love the fun paper, the soft colors, the bling!
Hugs and smiles

Allison Rankin said...

Love these! Awesome job on the mass production!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - these are adorable!!! Awesome looking set - Dawn!!! Hugs ~S~

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Dawn, these are adorable! I LOVE how clean and fresh they are!

Bethany Paull said...

These are so, so, so cute! I love both versions.

Rose Ann said...

Way to mass-produce, girl...and oh so cute too!! Lovin' the colors and bling!!