Saturday 20 February 2010

Taylored Expressions - February 20th KI Kit

Good Saturday Morning!
Today half of the Baker's Dozen are sharing projects made with the February 20th Key Ingredients Kit.
Karen Motz
Alex Maldonado
Jackie Pedro
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
The KI this month contains:
Making Memories DP and the cardstock colors are Blush Red Dark, Vibrant Pink, Sunflowers Medium, Black and Classic Yellow Green.
Our challenge this month was pops of colour. We were to make mostly black and white cards with a pop of one colour.
If you view my blog often then you know black is my least favourite colour to use. I find it really difficult to work with. I'm more of a bright, bold, fun colour person...kwim? LOL!
My first set of cards uses the Discover Your Wings set. It's definitely a favourite of mine!
I actually really like how they turned out!!
Here is my first set:
A close up ;)
*Note the buttons on this project were from a stash and not the KI kit...I wanted three that matched and the KI comes with a variety of pretty buttons.
Stamps: Discover Your Wings; Cardstock: Prism Black, Sunflowers Medium, Choice Snow White, DP; Inks: So Saffron, Black; Accessories: Circle nesties, Wavy border punch, Button, Thread, Dimensionals, Ribbon
My second set of cards uses the same basic layout as the ones above. These cards use the Berries and Cherries Set. Another fave set of mine!!
A close up :)
Stamps: Berries and Cherries; Cardstock: Choice Snow White, Blush Dark Red Prism, Black, DP; Inks: Riding Hood Red, Black; Accessories: Circle nesties, Corner rounder, Ribbon, Dimensionals
There is also a new monogram download available at TE! Stop by Taylor's blog for all the details!
On a side note:
This is my last official post as a member of the Baker's Dozen. With all the shipping issues I'm not able to participate in the monthly sneak peeks(with the exception of last month because I got them at CHA...lol) and it's important to Taylor and the success of Taylored Expressions to have girls who can play along each month. I'm sad to leave but you will still continue to see TE images here on my blog. I wish Taylor all the best and hope her company continues to grow by leaps and bounds!
Sneak peeks for March will begin very soon with the Baker's Dozen! Keep your eyes out!
Hope you have a wonderful Saturday! I'm at work all day but will definitely make my way around blogs tonight!

16 comments:

Renée said...

Both card designs are gorgeous Dawn! That's too bad about the shipping issues ...

Karen Motz said...

These are two wonderful card sets! I'm sad to hear you're leaving...darn customs and postal services! You'll be missed!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my these are so BEAUTIFUL!!! Fabo Sets GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Sankari W. said...

Ohhhhh Dawnnnnnnn--- I am soooo sad that you are leaving - I want to write a letter to the Post Office there - don't they know that its important for World Peace that you get your packages???!!! Awww - You have always always always been SUCH an inspiration to me Dawn (from the beginning!) and I can't tell you how I pinched myself when I found out that I was on a DT with THE Dawn!!! Wishing you every success and happiness dearest Dawn (and you won't be far - because I will be stalkin' ya! in a non-creepy way of course :)))) sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

PS - Omyword - I forgot to mention that both sets of your cards are simply precious!!! I LOVE the yellow accents and the red accents - sooo purty! The yellow butterfly is perfect and the cherry sentiment is one of my faves!!! Simply awesome as always!!!

Rose Ann said...

That is such a bummer about your packages not getting to you on time, Dawn! I love your gorgeous card sets, girl! For not liking black... these sure are beauties!!

Denise Marzec said...

Well, you may find black difficult to work with but MAN-OH-MAN did you ever make some AWESOME looking cards here! Wit Whewwwwwww....AWESOME I tell ya!

Allison said...

These are so gorgeous - I Love the yellow!
Sorry to hear you won't be a part of the dozen.

Marie Bingaman said...

Dawn, I soooooo love your top set of cards! I never knew I really loved that color combo! :)

Carolina said...

Well, if you had not said anything about black there's no way I would have been able to tell because these cards are just stunning!!!

Sorry you're leaving TE...you've made amazing projects and cards with this set and I know the team will surely miss you ~ HUGS!!!

Martina said...

oh wow! the black & yellow ones are awesome!! <3 em!!!

xx Martina

Allison Rankin said...

Tremendous work chickadee! Loves 'em!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about black. Got a whole bunch of black cardstock and it's so intimidating for me - LOL I think you did a great job - and the pops of color...especially that red is really hot!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS job on these Dawn!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

You did an AWESOME job with these, Dawn! You managed to make that black look bright and FUN! Too bad about your postal system...they need a kick in the patootie! :)

Joan Ervin said...

Dawn...you could make a rag look good, gf!!! Both sets are absolutely gorgeous...you made black sit up and take notice for sure!!!! I'm sooo sorry about the shipping problems...I agree with Cindy about the kick in the patootie!!!!!

Bethany Paull said...

You did awesome with the black! These are really beautiful. Love the threaded buttons to go with your sentiment flags.