Wednesday 9 June 2010

Happy Birthday

I don't know about you but the colour challenges on SCS have been almost frightening lately....lol I love bright colours but when I read Temp. Turq, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red I almost didn't attempt it. BUT that's why it's called a challenge, right? ;)
I haven't played with my new Verve stamps in a few weeks and I thought the floral image would be pretty coloured in these colours.
I couldn't get Ruby Red cardstock to look good on this card so I opted to try to match my copics to it as best I could. I think it turned out pretty good actually.
The dessert option was to use some ric rac. I think having this pretty ric rac from Sharon's store was what helped me :)
Stamps: Happy Days; Cardstock: White, Temp. Turq, Cameo Coral; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Nesties, Wavy Border Punch, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Ric Rac, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Wednesday~!

11 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

This is DARLING Dawn! LOVE the colors, your ric rack border and of course that Verve set is one of my favorites!!!

Denise Marzec said...

LOL, frightening is a good word to describe the color challenges....they have been really different combos, I agree! You did an awesome job with it here! Love that Verve set with the hibiscus and that wide ric rac is beautiful with it!

Basement Stamper said...

U did a fantastic job with the color challenge-I really like the colors on those flowers, they just POP!

Crystal said...

Dawn wow this is sooooo beautiful!! I LVOE your colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Dawn, I adore those colors.

No Name said...

What a fun card! Perfect for summer. Those colors look great together! :)

~ Ayana
www.ayanaposadas.typepad.com

Kathy Martin said...

AWESOME birthday card! Love the BRIGHT colors and that wide rick rack! :)

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Great Birthday card! I love the ric rac combination with that border! Great job!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! Love the bright colors. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Love that huge ric rac! You did a great job with these colors!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous, Dawn! Love the bold colors and sea of white space. :)