Monday 9 January 2012

You Color My World

Hello!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Back to work today and it's the first full week I will be working in weeks! Hope it's busy and goes by quickly!

Yesterday I made several cards and this was one.
Right from the get go I had issues putting it together.
I knew what I wanted to do with the Freshly Made sketch #16 but when it came time to stick the layers together it gave me fits.
If you look closely you'll notice that the heart pattern paper is sideways...oops!
The vertical red strip is supposed to be horizontal too.
I stuck every layer on wrong :(
I still like the end result though.
Sentiment is from MFT's Clearly Sentimental About You.
Felt hearts were cut using MFT felt and the heart from Homespun Birdhouse Die.
Paper is from last year's My Mind's Eye Love Me.
Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Hey, I like this sketch....I need to look it up and print it out. LOL about the hearts being sideways...I've done stuff like that. Doesn't matter though, it's still a cute card with great colors!

Viv said...

It's a beautiful card just like all the others you make :O) Viv xx

Jodi Collins said...

Seriously, I NEVER would have noticed the hearts unless you said something!! PERFECTLY designed though girlie...LOVE the three felt hearts and all the stitching!

Michelle said...

So when you use a stamp that has color spelled that way, do you feel like it's misspelled because you spell it colour? Just something I thought about when I saw your post title and you would normally have the U there - LOL! Those felt hearts are a perfect match and such a fun addition to that MME paper!

Cindy Haffner said...

Looks great to me Dawn!!~

Anonymous said...

Love it all, even with sideways hearts!

Kelly Schelske said...

It looks wonderful Dawn!! I need to dig that paper out!

Cam Grant said...

I think the sideways hearts adds character : ) A colourful and fantastic card!

Joan Ervin said...

I must be a little crocked myself cause this looks straight to me...LOL!!!! Love the bright, happy colors, Dawn, and the little hearts are sooo sweet!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your pretty felt hearts, and your fun sewing around the border!! Cute!!