Sunday 4 November 2007

ACKKKK! SNOW!

YEP! You read it right....SNOW! Last night when I went to bed it had started to rain, when we got up this morning...there was snow on the ground! I know it won't stay but it's the evening now and it's STILL here! Guess I'll pull out the snowboats for tomorrow! HAHA!
I had a little time this morning to work on a couple of sketch challenges from yesterday. I really enjoy doing them!!
This is Lauren's sketch. Be sure to check it out! I needed a bright pick me up card after a dreary start to the day. I know many stampers are using Copic Markers but I just can't spend that money on them. I find that my SU! markers work pretty good on WC paper with the use of my aquapainter.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: MFT By The Seashore
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Watercolour Paper and Misc DP
Inks: Black Stazon, Choc Chip, Earth Elements Markers
Accessories: Pumpkin Grosgrain, Prima Flower and Crystal Brad, AquaPainter
This next card is for Jen from i{heart}2stamp's sketch. I found this My Minds Eye Designer Paper at my LSS last week. Thought it was soooooooo pretty! I pulled out a Retired SU! set called Merry. I bought it last year and never inked it up. The largest snowflake in the set seemed to work really well with our Snowflake Punch in the catty. What do you think?
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Merry(retired)
Cardstock: Choc Chip, Soft Sky, WW and My Minds Eye DP
Inks: Soft Sky, Choc Chip
Accessories: SnowFlake Punch, Stickles, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Dawn I LOVE this! AMAZING!!! Great colors as usual. I swear Im going to case your colors.'

Love the bling on the joy card. I cant believe you got snow!!! YIKES!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what no Aquapainter or Copic whatevers are, but these are great. Love that JOY card - great color combination there and awesome for a winter/holiday card again, not in the traditional colors.

Unknown said...

Two more amazing cards Dawn!! You By the Seashore card is simply beautiful and those snowflakes are great!!

Alhambra Club said...

Oh my snow, won't tell you what the temperature is here. Love both of these cards, that new MFT set is fantastic, what a great Christmas Card

Anonymous said...

GREAT cards!! Snow!?!?!? Wow...I can't even imagine snow right now. Thx for playing!!!

Tracy.H said...

Love these! You have inspired me. I have that set too and have not really inked it up yet. Must make some Christmas cards this week using this set!! :0)

We got snow here in Calgary too :0(

corinnesomerville said...

I can't believe you got snow !!! I know this sounds warped but.....I'm SO Jealous !!! I love the snow and can hardly wait for it to arrive here in Ontario. It's a yearly tradition that whenever the first snow comes the kids get to stop school (we home school) and get bundled up and play in the snow !!!
Love the card too !!!

Have a great day my friend
Corinne

Christina Fischer said...

Snow?!?!? I guess winter IS on its way! :0

Your cards are awesome! The colors on your first one are fantastic, and your coloring is so great!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards girlfriend, I love the Merry card!

Rose Ann said...

Love the colors and papers on your Seashore card, and your coloring looks awesome!!

Your Merry card looks really pretty in the Chocolate and Sky, and I love your piercing and punched snowflakes.

Snow will be here as well...soon enough. Yikes!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

great sketch on your merry card !!! I am loving the touch of glitter
chat

Theresa said...

Awesome cards!!! Your layouts, coloring and color combos are fabulous!!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Love these cards, AWESOME work! The By The Seashore card is fabulous, I love the color combo.

Bethany Paull said...

This is so sweet. Love the two colors of cut out snowflakes for accents.

nancy said...

oh, these are both just wonderful! The first one is just bright and happy and the second made with my favorite colors...brown & blue. The snowflake punch looks like it worked perfect. On a scale of 1-10, I give these both an 11 = ) !!

Renée said...

These are both fantastic cards. I love the colours used for both!

We got a foot of snow the same night ... Kids have fun while the adults grumble :) !

Lori said...

Beautiful pair! Your coloring on the seashore card is fantastic. I got this set, too, and can't wait to try it out--the dog image looks a lot like Cosmo. And, I love the blue/brown combo for the wintery card.