Friday 2 November 2007

Beate Weekend Sketch Challenge

I've had a bit of time today to work on Beate's sketch for this weekend! I LOVE Friday's and working on the sketch. The cards below are of the same sketch but look totally different. One card is your standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. The other is a 5 1/4 square.
This My Favorite Things, By The Seashore, is an awesome set! I'm so grateful to Kim for sending it to me with my last order!!! I got a little bit of a sneak peek!
Instead of having another panel in the center of the dots, I decided to go with ribbon so I didn't cover it up so much. Yesterday I got the Build-A-Brad in my SU! order! OH these things are cool! I used my 1/2"circle punch and punched out one of the circles from the DP, used a glue dot to keep it in place, then stuck the clear top on. I can see me going through a ton of these!!!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: By The Seashore from MFT
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, WW and Misc DP
Inks: Ruby Red, Basic Black
Accessories: PrismaPencils and Gamsol, 5/8"White Grosgrain Ribbon, Build a Brad, Hemp, 1/2", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Dimensionals
I'm still working on Christmas cards and probably will until December 24th! How many of you are ahead of the game this year? I am thankful that I have plenty of time to work on them. Also getting a GREAT sketch sure does help ;)
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Star Studded Season and Snow Burst
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, WW and Wintergreen DP
Inks: Soft Sky and Blue Bayou
Accessories: Double Stitched Blue Bayou Ribbon, Sponges, Dimensionals, 2 way glue pen and little crystals

Brian is away for the weekend. Hunting season started November 1st! So for the next month he will be gone each weekend. Wish him luck!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards, like always!
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are awesome, Dawn! That is so cool that you got your MFT set a bit early! I love the paper you used, your coloring, and the brad you built!

Your snowflake card is so pretty and I LOVE the bling!

Great cards!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this card...I've got to get that Build-A-Brad!!!

Jessica said...

Great cards, i like what you did with the build a brad. I think my fav is the second card, but they are both great!

Dottie K. said...

Wow awesome cards Dawn! Love that custom brad. So enjoying your blog. :)

Tracy.H said...

Great cards!! I so have to get busy on my Christmas cards. I think I have about 8 thus far...long way to go!! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

I love both these cards, it is amazing how the size of the card can change a look and layout. I love that MFT set, ordered mine yesterday.

Nancy Riley said...

You're right, Dawn ... same sketch, two totally different looking cards! I just got my build a brad this week too ... can't WAIT to use it! That little circle you punched out for it is PERFECT! Love the bling on your snowlfake card ... first class!!!

nancy said...

Both REALLY great cards! I just love that image from MTF & your coloring is beautiful = )

Andrea, said...

fabulous cards

Lauren (mytime) said...

Dawn your colors are always fabulous, and eye catching! Love what you did with the sketches.
Have fun at the bee movie!!

Unknown said...

Dawn this card is beautiful!! I love that build a brad, it looks great with your card! Love it!

Christina Fischer said...

You're always great at getting different looks from the same sketch! Lucky girl -- I so want that MFT set! I looooove what you did with it! The colors are great, and the hanging tag is perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty, subtle Christmas card - 1 a day, you go, Girl!

Anonymous said...

These are both great cards, but I really like the blue snowflakes! The bling is such a nice touch to a classy card! ;)