Monday 19 November 2007

Beate's Sketch

First let me apologize for the not so good pictures. The lighting just isn't right today and I don't have any of those fancy lights to get the perfect picture...lol I move around the house shooting in various spots til I find one that is acceptable.
I don't like to use the flash as it washes the colours out but today I had no choice....
This first card was made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I'm a little late getting to it but I MUST always do it ;)
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Merry & Bright and So Many Sayings
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, WW and Wintergreen DP
Inks: Black, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Scallop Punch, 1 1/4", 1 3/8"Circle Punches, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals
Yesterday while watching the Nascar race I made this card. My husband picked up this My Sentiments Exactly set on Friday evening for me. It's super cute and they stamp quite nicely for acrylics.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: My Sentiments Exactly
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Soft Sky Prints Paper
Inks: Blue Bayou
Accessories: Double Stitched Blue Bayou Ribbon, Dimensionals, Mat pack and Paper Piercer, Paper Snips
Hope everyone has a fantastic week! I'm looking forward to getting my next SU! order and the free set they have shipped out to active demos!

21 comments:

Amy said...

you don't need fancy lights! Check this blog entry out that I posted a while back!!!!

http://heartfeltgreetings.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-new-photo-studio.html

You could have a brand new studio set up in a matter of minutes for little investment! Give it a try!

Hugs,
Amy

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, these cards are WONDERFUL, as always! I so admire your commitment to the challenges! I don't think you miss a one!

Anonymous said...

These colors are fabulous! I'm hoping to catch up on Beate's WSC...I hate to miss them. Love the glittery snowman below too! Soo cute!

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot one thing. I nomiate you for encouraging blogger-check my blog for details.

Alhambra Club said...

Love your Blue Christmas card,l those trees and that sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and nice job with Beate's sketch. Love the color combos:)
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

whoa - the lighting really does make a difference. I LOVE that font on that stamp that Brian picked up for you! Reminds me of one I used to love in PSP.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love those Xmas trees.

Deb said...

Both fabulous cards, love the colours and gorgeous stamps! The weather has been pretty grim here too!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, Dawn!! Boy oh boy.. i'm drooling all over that
2nd one!!! YUMMY!!!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! I agree with everyone else about you being so good to keep up with the challenges. Wish I could be as good. ;)

Alex said...

These are beautiful cards Dawn! Love them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Girl, you sound like me!! I keep trying to find the perfect spot to take my pictures..I need major help in that department!! When I figure it out I'll share it with you. Super cute cards!!!
Angie

Unknown said...

Great cards Dawn - I love those funky trees! I know what you mean about the lighting . .. rainy days are the worst! I just bought one of those light box things on ebay - seems to be pretty good so far, not to pricey either. :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

You always do such a Great job on Beate's challenges...

Hugs,
Lisa B <><

Anonymous said...

Awesome girlie .. Christmas is on all our brains .. and I love your cards .. Just sooo awesome !
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

sophia landry said...

These are beautiful card!! I love how you go for the challenges and come up with such great cards. The blue tree is especially beautiful.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi dawn,
these are both wonderful cards!!!
just love the design on the card with the x-mas tree
tfs,
chat

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love this card!!! Great bow, too - did your DH do it -- LOL!!! I've heard of DH's taking photos, but never tying bows -- made me chuckle -- my DH is great, but I doubt he would tie my bow -- LOL!!!

Maria said...

Your cards are fabulous despite the poor lighting!

Just an FYI, an OTT light is on sale at JoAnns on Friday for $29.99. The sale is a one day sale so if you're interested in an OTT light, it'll be a great time to snatch it up. Those puppies typically cost over $50 minimum.

Maria

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable! I can't believe I never visited your blog until now! So glad I found it because I love your work!