Wednesday 14 November 2007

Paper Tree

Two posts in one day! Been a long time since I have done that!
I wanted to show you what I finally finished. I saw one of these trees in the Paper Crafts Magazine but I think the lady used ribbon to do it. I used some of that designer paper from the other day. I didn't want to cut up tons of ribbon or use really great paper....just in case it turned out crummy....LOL
I think it looks okay! What do you think?
On the top I punched out a 1"circle in Real Red and glued that on.
I used a SU! Onboard Star and covered it in Heat and Stick Powder, heated it up. Then I used some Martha Stewart Glitter...Garnet colour. I did BOTH sides of the star and used Crystal Effects to hold it on.

12 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

What do I think? I think this is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, Dawn! I really like your bling star on top! Gotta try one myself one of these days!

Unknown said...

I think it's so beautiful! I've seen a couple of these and think they are so neat - your's is great!! :)

Tracy.H said...

How cute is that!!?? It looks awesome! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

This tree came out great, it would be perfect for scraps.

Rose Ann said...

I think it looks awesome, and I love the sparkly star!! Wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

OMG girlie .. This is sooo adorable .. what a awesome project Love the BIG glittery star too..
Just stunning
xoxo
Dawn griffith

corinnesomerville said...

To say this is beautiful is an understatement !! Wow !!!

Have a great day
Corinne

Maria said...

I love your Christmas tree! It'll make a great centerpiece! You did a beautiful job. . .

Maria

Unknown said...

Your tree is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW...Great project and the star looks amazing! That would make a nice centerpiece. ;)

Theresa said...

Super awesome!!! Love your glitter!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, how cute is that!!!