Saturday 17 November 2007

Pennant Banner Noel


When I saw this Pennant Banner tutorial yesterday on SCS I KNEW I had to do it! It was simple to follow although it probably took me nearly 2 hours from start to finish. Let me just say, I'm NOT good with decorative scissors....rofl
I used the Figgy Pudding DP and Cool Caribbean Cardstock. The ribbon is from MayArts and matches pretty good!! The letters and snowflakes are SU! chipboard from the Mini Catty.
I taped the pennants to the ribbon with sticky tape and then used a Pewter Jumbo Eyelet on each corner. Should hold pretty well....I hope!
The chipboard letters were covered in Choc Chip Craft ink and heat set. I then coloured the snowflakes with Cornflower Blue Making Memories Paint and dumped Heat and Stick Powder on them. After heating that I used Dazzling Diamonds. IRL it's really sparkly!
To attach the letters and snowflakes I used Crystal Effects....that stuff is wonderful!
Well I must run....my company will be arriving shortly! I will have to catch up on all my usual blog challenges tomorrow sometime.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Dawn your banner is sooo adorable .. Love those colors you [picked and just wondering do you have it up on diplay yet ? I have neighbors that already have Christmas goodies up .. Love it !
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Corie said...

This is just FANTASTIC!!!

BTW -- Thanks so much for the b-day card, it is just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,
Very pretty...I clicked on it to get a better look..Wow! I love that Figgy Pudding dp too..I need to break mine out of it's package and make something...Soon!!! Have a great visit with your friend!

Rose Ann said...

Your banner rocks, Dawn! Fantastic!! I love the paper you used, and it looks to me like you had no problem with those decorative scissors at all!

Bethany Paull said...

This was definitely worth the time spent on it. It's so beautiful. I love the snowflakes on the ends.

corinnesomerville said...

Great job on the banner, sweetie !! This will look gorgeous for the holidays !! Congrats on doing such a beautiful job (my no surprise at all...you gifted genius you)

Have a great one
Corinne

Anonymous said...

That turned out really cute! So the only thing about this though is that you probably can't reuse for next year, can you? I mean will it hold it's shape and color? Awesome handmade decor though!