Wednesday 14 November 2007

Just some cards I guess....

Finally the winds calmed down today...not after having some damage on our roof though. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be fairly nice the next few days and it will get repaired on Friday.
One of the ladies from our school office will leaving this week. She has taken on a job in another school which is part time. It'll be sad to see her go as she does so much for everyone! The parents of our school wanted to get her some flowers and gift certificate so I made a card to put it in. I think it turned out really well. I'm still practicing my watercolouring.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Circle of Friendship and Make A Wish by GinaK
Cardstock: Really Rust, Old Olive WaterColour Paper and Fall Flowers DP
Inks: Black, Really Rust, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Antique Brads, 1 1/4", 1", 1/2"Circle Punches, Ticket Punch, Aqua Painters, Cuttlebug Dry Embossing Folder, Dimensionals
Today on SCS is the sketch challenge. I think this is my favourite challenge! It's fun to get a layout to work with. I just received a SU! order yesterday and some more Dashing Paper DP as well as more Cutie Pie DP. I loaded up on DP with the special going on this month!!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: So Many Sayings and Merry & Bright
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, WW and Dashing DP
Inks: Real Red, Old Olive and Basic Black
Accessories: Word Window Punch, 1 1/4", 1 3/8"Circle Punches, Dimensionals
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Circle of Friendship, Garden Whimsy
Cardstock: Rose Red, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, WW and Cutie Pie DP
Inks: Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Ticket Punch, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1", 1/2" Circle Punches, Soft Subtles and Rich Regal Brads, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Dry Embossing Folder

12 comments:

Dottie K. said...

What a lovely card to give to her. I'm sure she is going to love it. The other cards are just adorable. Of course I'm partial to the snowmen - so cute. :)

Little C's Creations said...

hey girl - love these colors, and love your sketch... you are too cool!!!

hugs,
Jen

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, all three of these cards are FABULOUS!!! Love all the dp!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your card designs Dawn especially the paper and brads on the third one. I also like the embossed paper behind your focal point. TFS

Unknown said...

Super cads Dawn! I love those cute little snowmen - so great with the Dashing paper!!

Tracy.H said...

Well I don't care if it is not the right sketch...I love them!! I might have to case your sketch. :0)

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Your coloring looks great on the wishing well card, and I love the papers and CBing! Your snowman card is so cute, and your butterfly one is so pretty! Great job on all of these!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

you're on a roLL !!!!THESE CARDS
are love-ly. like the snowman a lot !!!!
chat

corinnesomerville said...

Dawn..these are adorable !! I love 'em all !!! I LOVE how you stamped the butterflies...genius !!! Way to go.

Have a great day...we're suppose to get snow here today !! YIPPEEE !!!
Love ya
Corinne

Anonymous said...

There's always something new you can do with your talent - love it!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! They all look so different and just wonderful! ;)

Theresa said...

Such fun to use the same layout a re-create it! They are wonderful!