Wednesday 7 November 2007

A simple birthday card....


Today I finally had time to make a birthday card. I have made so many Christmas cards lately that I've gotten behind on birthdays...ack!
Jen70 had a challenge on her blog this week to make a birthday card using shades of pinks and browns. PERFECT for what I needed!
This is a simple card. The Designer Paper is from a stack that my neighbour gave to me. I used Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose cardstock and the stamped images are from Sassy Stems and Stem Sayings. I finally got to open my new Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon....so pretty and easy to work with! I watercoloured with my aqua painter and re-inkers...still practicing on that!
Have a GREAT night!
I'll be back shortly with the winner of the blog challenge ;)

8 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Dawn! I love the patterned paper, wide ribbon, and your pierced photo corner! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is very pretty Dawn!!!I Love the pattern paper. Dont be so hard on yourself about the aquabrush, you did great!!TFS

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! Love that paper - looks 70s retro or something.

Alhambra Club said...

What a wonderful card, love that stamp and that wide ribbon and that DP, great card, great elements.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this ribbon....I didn't know SU had a wider grosgrain...Love this card and its layout!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

GROOVY lookin' card, Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card .. Love the browns and Pinks together always a top favorite combo of mine .. Just look at my card today Hee! Hee! Great minds think alike Hee! Hee!
xoxoxo
Dawn griffith

Michele Kovack said...

Love this pretty card!