Saturday 24 November 2007

Sketch Challenges

Finally able to get some cards made! I have an order of 30 birthday cards(6 men, 24 women) for the school teachers birthdays. I did the mens cards first...I find man cards very difficult to make. Then I started with the other cards. I'll show those all when I'm finished, which I'm hoping is by tomorrow evening!
I did manage to get this card done for Lauren's sketch. I needed a break from birthday stuff!
I changed the sketch a bit. There was supposed to be a sentiment in the top left corner BUT I'd already covered up tons of this really cool designer paper. I wanted something on there so I went with Circle of Friendship in the right hand corner instead....lol You can't tell from this picture but there is glitter on the snowmans buttons and hats.
I'd been trying all week to get to Jen's card challenge. Last night I sat down and made this. You were to use flower stamps, designer paper and ribbon. I wanted to try and make it look like a glass vase so I added Crystal Effects. I think it turned out okay.
Time for me to get some dinner for Chloe. Brian is hunting for the next week so it's just her and I eating. I find it hard to cook for 1 1/2 people...lol
It's hockey night tonight! Go Oilers!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

15 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh they are both super cute! Love the colors.I hope to actually stamp tomorrow!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute cards Dawn!! That paper on the first one is so cute and love the CE on the vase! :) I understand the hunting thing . .only have to get dinner for me and the 4 children - which is actually easier b/c they aren't as picky! :)

Rose Ann said...

Awe...your snowman card is sooo cute! I love the pretty colors, papers, and stitching! Your floral card is so pretty! The flower & bling, wide ribbon, and Crystal Effects add such nice touches!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute cards!

Maria said...

Both your cards are lovely. You're right, the paper is too pretty to cover up completely. I love the snowman image and your layout is fabulous!

Your second card is pretty. I can see the crystal effects on the glass. Great job!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Dawn dear these are sooo awesome .. Love the snowmen .. sooo stinkin cute ..
and the color combos are sooo Great too ;
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Anonymous said...

hey girl, what darling cards!!! love the crystal effects & the glitter...the snowman stamp is super cute too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE the cards! That snowman one is just precious. . .love the colors!

Jen said...

Dawn those cards are just so cute. The colors are awesome too, I really need to try and make a few cards this year with those colors, I think my mom would really love them. TFS

Dottie K. said...

Hi Dawn, I'm keeping your daughter in our prayers and hope she is doing better. Wow those cards are just adorable. Love the colors. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute are those snowmen??? LOVE THEM!!!! I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family during this time. Take care.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love the colors you used in these cards, dawn. the pink one is so darling and great stitching btw.
love your prima flowers with the bling
tfs,
chat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Now you know I love the pink one best!! ;)

Deb said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the adorable snowmen, the tree DP is beautiful, I wouldn't have wanted to cover it up either! The floral card is so pretty, great layout!

Lori said...

So cute! I love the snowmen image and that paper is so fun--a perfect match for the image.