Friday 16 November 2007

Some challenge cards

Thank goodness it is the weekend! I'm looking forward to seeing my friend, Karen, tomorrow! She is coming up to visit us and go to the Oilers vs Flames hockey game! We have front row seats along the boards...can't wait!
I don't want to be stamping while she is here so I'm going to try and get a few more challenges done after these ones so I'll have something to post this weekend ;)
This first card was done for Nancy Morgan's Paper Smiles challenge. She wanted us to make a Thanksgiving or Thank You card using DP and give it to someone. This is what I made for my friend Karen and will give it to her on Sunday when she goes home.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Stem Silhouettes
Cardstock: Old Olive, Sahara Sand and Fall Flowers DP
Inks: Old Olive
Accessories: Sponges, Organdy Ribbon, Ticket Punch, Antique Brads, Dimesionals
I received my Hanna Stamps a couple of weeks ago but this is the first chance I've had to use Hanna herself! Isn't she cute?! I really wanted to use this Designer Paper so I coloured Hanna with the same colours from the paper. I like the pink and blue card!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Hanna and Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Pretty in Pink, WW and Fancy Pants Sweet Pea DP
Inks: Black, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Barely Banana, Summer Sun
Accessories: Quickie Glue Pen and Glitter, White Gel Pen, May Arts Ribbon, Dimensionals
Today on SCS is the Limited Supplies Challenge. Jen gives us some rules to follow and I try hard not to break them ;)
These were the rules today:
A) Use 2 to 3 stamps- one of them should be a heart image or sentiment
B) Choose either ONE...a Designer Paper or an Embellishment
C) Choose one specialty tool
D) Limit Layers
E) Use any colouring tools
I think I followed the rules pretty good this time! I used 3 different stamps from the Priceless set, chose Designer Paper, used the Paper Piercer.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Priceless
Cardstock: Temp. Turq, Lovely Lilac, WW and Flowers for You DP
Inks: Temp. Turq, Lovely Lilac, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Unknown said...

All your cards are GREAT. I especially like your Hanna Stamp card!!Christmas doesn't have to be red and green, I LOVE the pink and blue!!!!TFS

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn!! I love 'em all!!

Have fun at the hockey game! Sounds like SUPER seats. Wow!

Deb said...

All beautiful cards, I absolutely love the Hannah card, the colours are fabulous, love how you coloured Hannah to match the pp, all looks great!

corinnesomerville said...

I love all of these and especially the thank you card !! The colours and layout are beautiful !!!

Tracy.H said...

I love your Hanna card!! I am soooo in love with these sets. Love your color combo too!

Anonymous said...

I love the stem silhouettes, but really like your Hanna card. It's just too cute and those colors look great! What kind of ink do you use for Hanna? I'm having problems with my clear stamps (getting a good image). Thanks! ;)

Christina Fischer said...

Love these cards! Your colors are terrific! That Hanna card is too cute -- I'm gonna have to break down and get that set!! ;)

Unknown said...

What great cards!! Your last one is especially pretty - greay details! :)

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS goodies girlie .. Your on a roll GF!!
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love that Hannah one especially! Thinking I may need that set soon.. lol!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW, Dawn ... you are one busy gal! Look at you cranking out all these gorgeous cards! (I'm so-o-o jealous!).

Anonymous said...

Wow!! such cute cards!! I love that first one, your friend will really like it! Have a fun visit!!

Lori said...

Three beautiful cards! I especially like the one using Priceless. I'm stuck on using the butterfly image in this set, so I'm always glad to see how people use the other images.

Pam Varnell said...

Dawn,

All 3 cards are great but I really love Hanna. I love the colors you used on this Christmas card. Very stunning!!

Pam

nancy said...

Great job on all 3 cards! They're all so different, and I'm trying to pick a favorite, but I can't...love 'em all!

Front row tickets to see the Oilers...that's a great friend!I'm sure she'll be thrilled with your card and goodies!!

thanks for playing = )!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink girl Holiday card!