Wednesday 28 November 2007

Tic Tac Snow and a Bookmark

Last night I sat down to work on this Tic Tac Snow boardgame....it was so much fun! I got the idea from Christina at Flowers and Ink. I'd made something similar last spring but it never crossed my mind to do it this way!! Thanks for the fab idea Christina!
I'll try and explain what I did.
The game board was a magnetic sheet that I cut down to 6 x 6. I then covered it in a piece of Soft Sky Prints Paper. Drew the lines every two inches with a Not Quite Navy Marker. The game pieces are made with the Merry & Bright snowman. He's so cute and I'll miss him terribly when he's gone! I used the Scallop Punch, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle punches and paper piercered the edges. I then stuck a magnet on the back of them. Now they don't move all over the place! I matted the whole thing on a piece of Blue Bayou CS that is 8.5 x 9 and stamped it with the snowflakes in Blue Bayou ink. The header is a made with Soft Sky cardstock. I stamped the Whimsical Alpha in Soft Sky and Blue Bayou. The snowflake brads are from a dollar store. I added a piece of double stitched Blue Bayou around it. After finishing I used a piece of cardboard to attach the whole thing to. Just for some extra stability. I am REALLY liking these bookmarks....they are so fun to make! Check out the tutorial here. I am going to make them for Chloe's class this year and give them out before the Christmas break.
Time to fly....I haven't crafted yet today...time to make something....LOL
Have a GREAT evening!

21 comments:

Deb said...

Fabulous game board, you have endless patience! I also love your bookmarks in this colour combination, so beautiful!

2 Worlds said...

This is really a cute project

Anonymous said...

Bookmarks are great gifts for anyone - the kids will LOVE them!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love it. you are making me want him. A great idea to co-ordinate with a GC to a bookstore!!
That tic tac toe is precious!

Alhambra Club said...

Love your Tic Tac Toe board the colors and those cute snowman, what a wonerful idea, and your bookmarks are fantastic.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your bookmarks!!!They are wonderful!!TFS

Rose Ann said...

This is the cutest Tic-Tac-Snow!! I LOVE it! Love the bookmark too!! I haven't tried one of Sharon's bookmarks yet, but they sure are cool!!

Renée said...

I so totally love both projects! The colours are fabulous and that board game is a great idea. I think I'll have to make something similar!

Lynn Put said...

Your tic tac board is too cute, it make me want to try and make one and the bookmark is a sweet idea for your daughters class.

Tracy.H said...

That TIC TAC TOE board is just too cute! and love the bookmark too! :0)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

These are Awesome....I sure am going to have to case that tic tac toe....My girls would love it1!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, these are just adorable! The tic tac snow looks so fun! The kids will love those bookmarks too! I didn't think about making the kids anything for Christmas. Oops! Can you tell it's my first year?! ;) Hopefully I'll be stamping soon!

Nancy Riley said...

You're on a roll with those cute bookmarks ... LOVE 'em! That tic tac snow is s-o-o-o-o-o CUTE! What WILL you come up with next? The creativity is ENDLESS!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG your Tic tac snow is sooo stinkin cute .. What an adorable game you made .. Love it .. Your book mark is also very cute ..
You rock GF!!
xoox
Dawn Griffith

corinnesomerville said...

I LOVE IT !!!! My girls love to play tic tac toe for hours...I'm going to make one of these this weekend !! Great job...it's perfect and the bookmark completely rocks !!!

Love ya
Corinne

Bethany Paull said...

How great that it says "Tic tac SNOW"! So cute. Love the colors and that little snowman.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! girl, you are on a roll! I've got to make one of those tic tac snow thingys....love it!!!

Maria said...

Hi Dawn. . .I love your two projects...not only are they beautiful, they're functional! The color combo is a great! That snowman is a cutie!

Maria

Unknown said...

I am just loving all your bookmarks! So, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I love the tic tac Snow....what an awesome idea....! I must make one of those:)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations:)

Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What an AWESOME Idea!! I was wondering where you got the metal sheet from for the base of the tic-tac-toe game and how you cut it down?

I just looked through your blog and am AMAZED at your talent. Thank you for all the inspiration!!



Judy