Sunday 10 February 2008

Sketch Challenge Cards

I'm posting early today.
ONE more sleep! Yesterday Chloe got tired of waiting for me, so she went and dug out the suitcases....lol! Well guess what, this morning they are still empty! haha! So I thought I'd post my sketch challenge cards that I did yesterday and then get at it...ya right....
This first card I made for Jen's sketch on her blog HERE.
I had a small piece of this American Crafts DP laying on the table and thought I'd use it up. GinaK's Make A Wish stamp set went with it pretty well! I covered a chipboard star in Certainly Celery Craft and then used my White Gel pen to add some dots. I think the rest is pretty straight forward.
Stamp Set: Make A Wish
Cardstock: Real Red, Certainly Celery, WW, American Crafts DP(orange is back of pattern)
Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Celery(craft)
Accessories: Chipboard Star, White Gel Pen, Word Window Punch, Heidi Swapp Jewels, Dimesionals, 2 way glue pen and glitter
Lauren's sketch can be found on her blog HERE. You can't tell by my picture but I used Shimmery White Cardstock. It's much prettier IRL. The DP is by SEI and the other side is even more gorgeous with large EMBOSSED butterflies. For this small piece of DP though, I didn't think it would show up as well. I'll use it again on a card real soon so you can see ;)

Stamp Set: Priceless
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Choc Chip, Shimmery White, SEI dp
Inks: Blush Blossom, Choc Chip
Accessories: 2", 1 3/8"Circle Punches, Dimensionals, Choc Satin Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch, Heidi Swapp Jewels
Thanks for stopping by today!
We leave tomorrow for some fun in the sun! Florida...here we come!!
I don't think we will be taking our laptop but my sister or friend will post some cards for me on my blog.
I'll catch up on all your blogs when I return!!

12 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh they are both awesome. You know I LOVE butterflies with pink/brown. Just gorgeous.

The stars are so cute! Great layout.

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Now ... go get packed!!!!! You get to leave TOMORROW ... it's finally here! You guys have the time of your life, okay? ... and safe travels! Talk to you when you get back ... you'll be missed!
Hugs~
Nancy

corinnesomerville said...

Have a great time away !!! But won't you miss the cold and snow and freezing and blustery weather????? hehehehe

Anonymous said...

LOL @ yesterday you WILL pack and this morning the suitcases are still empty....and yet you still make cards - too funny!

Ohhhh the 50th running of the Daytona 500...you lucky bitch, you!

Janine said...

I love the make a wish card. Have fun on your vacation.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous cards !!!!!!
love the blush blossom paper with this card!!!
tfs.

have a wonderful trip and have lots and lots of fun

Michele Kovack said...

Oooooohhh Florida! I am so jealous! It is so dang cold here in Chicago! Love both cards!!! Have a great trip!

Deb said...

Sorry I missed you, we just got back from our little trip as we have school holidays just now. Have a fabulous time in Florida!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Girl, both cards are really beautiful!!!
Enjoy your holiday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn~ This card is so beautiful! My favorite colors and my favorite stamp set!!Can't wait to case this one!!

Rose Ann said...

I love the bright and cheerful colors and stars of your first card! Your butterfly card is so pretty too! I love the colors, yummy ribbon and bling!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, both cards are BEAUTIFUL!