Sunday 24 February 2008

Some MFT cards and a Beate Sketch

Happy Sunday!
Hope your weekend is going well! Is it just me or did this weekend fly by? I guess I got a lot done though so I should not complain. I'm sitting here waiting for the Nascar race to go green...darn rain delay!
Just a few cards I worked on all day. It's nice to have some quiet time to just stamp stamp stamp!
This first card is a combo of sketches that I had jotted down. It sort of happened by mistake really. I'd started with the boots and ended up cutting the cardstock the wrong size so I had to cover it up. This is a 4 x 8.5 card that will fit in a business envelope.
The picture is really crummy and I apologize. I stamped on Shimmery White Cardstock so I could watercolor the images from My Favorite Things. Also the puddle has some Crystal Effects added to it. Not sure what happened to the Bashful blue colour once I applied the CE...haha! It just disappeared.
As I was digging through all my scrap papers today I came across a few bits of this DP. I can't remember who makes it and to be honest I'm too tired to go back through my old posts to see. This MFT image is stamped on Shimmery White as well. I started to Watercolour on it but it was too light so afterwards I went back with my SU! markers and coloured it in.
My last card is another Beate's sketch I did. I just noticed I didn't post my other card on here. Guess I only loaded it to my SCS Gallery. Be sure to check out Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge on her blog HERE. I love doing them each Friday and I always so more than one if time allows.

Thanks for stopping by today!

It's almost time to go racin'!

19 comments:

Dottie K. said...

You have been a busy bee since you got home. Love the cards and I'm ready for some sunshine. I love the litte boots across the page!!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, three fantastic cards, one is better then the other they are all lovely, I have those images so will be casing your wonderful ideas.

Anonymous said...

Amazing cards! You are on a major roll!
Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE them all, Dawn! What wonderful cards!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, I can't believe all the great cards you've been crankin' out since your vacation! You must have stored up lots of creativity while you were away. ALL of these cards are FANTASTIC!!!

Alex said...

These are fabulous Dawn!!! I love that first little image with the weiner dog - I love this image, and I need to have it!! Great cards - I am soooo glad you are back! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy.H said...

Wow! These are great Dawn. You have been a busy woman!

I love the second one! It just really catches your eye. :0)

Carolyn King said...

Wow...three awesome cards!!! Love the MFT cards---those lined up boots are darling!

Anonymous said...

So Happy to see you back in the swing of things girlie~ Plus I'm sooo happy your back !! :-) all our cards are fabulous as usual
xox
Dawn Griffith

Becky G said...

Three great cards, Dawn! You've been really busy! Enjoy the race!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wowza...these are Awesome. Wish I had time to stamp today.

Andrea said...

Great cards, love the horsey one. Would like to know the manufacturer of the turquoise patterned paper if you can remember please. I want to make a card with horses for my sisters birthday and I love the colours of this card. Thanks. Andrea

Christina Fischer said...

GREAT cards, Dawn! I love the way you can always create such different cards in the same stamping session -- I have such a hard time switching gears!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love all of your cards, Dawn!! You're always such an inspiration to us all! Thanks for doing what you do! :D

Deb said...

All fabulous cards as always! I was surprised to see you back from holiday, time flies!
So good to see you back and creating and glad you had a nice break!

Linsey R said...

These are all rockin'! Love the western card with the stars! Wonderful coloring on the MFT dog walker and the rainboots card with those sweet buttons is fabulous! What a fun and unique card shape and sketch! Awesome and inspiring, Dawn--tfs! ~hugs for a happy day~

corinnesomerville said...

Every one of them is a winner !!! Great job, girlie !!

Maricar said...

These are great cards. I love the bright colors on the second one.

Bethany Paull said...

Goodness you get a lot of cards done! And they're all SO pretty! I especially like the star card with the paper edge.