Thursday 5 March 2009

Friends in Sunshine and in Shade

Good Morning!
I've got one last card to show you from
Taylored Expressions before they become available this morning!
I'm LOVING this new set by Nancy McKinney called Branching Out!
Normally I'm one who makes cards with loads of layers and everything is usually "matchy matchy" as some of my friends say....lol but this set gets me stepping outside my creative box....I really like that!
I stamped the tree top on a piece of Good Morning DP, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals. This card would be great to send to a friend for a little pick me up :)

Stamps: Branching Out; Cardstock: Choc chip, Kiwi kiss, Choice Bright White and Good Morning DP; Inks: Choc Chip; Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, HPH, Choc poly twill, Paper snips, Dimensionals

All the sets are now available at Taylored Expressions!!

If you were at the release party this morning at Paper Craft Planet - you might have seen this awesome color challenge that Taylor has created:

To celebrate the release of her new stamps over at Taylored Expressions, Taylor is giving away a Key Ingredient Birthday Boy set. All you have to do is to create a card inspired by these colors and upload it to Paper Craft Planet using the tag: tecolorchallenge (all one word, all lowercase). You must have your cards uploaded by Monday, March 9th at 8am PST to be eligible for the Key Ingredients Set. We can't wait to see your lovely creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!

22 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

All your cards today are fantastic, and the sets are so much fun! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIAN! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card, Dawn! LOVE it!

Nancy said...

Wow! The paper, simple layers and embellishments are perfect!
~Nancy

Maria said...

Wow, I love that new set. I've never bought a Taylored Expressions stamp but I think I may need to now! LOL!

Love how you used dp for the tree. . .the layout is fabulous too! Can't wait to see more of the TE cards that you'll be making. Maybe I play in the challenge. . would love to win the set!!

Maria

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! I love this...although it's rather ironic. I chose the same stamp and same colours for my card LOL! Great minds think alike!

Julia Aston said...

The paperpiecing looks super on the tree top Dawn - and what a wonderful sentiment!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool tree Dawn, super job.

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER Fabu girlie! LOVE the layout and all the paper piecing on this!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, girl, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

What a sweet friendship card Dawn!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute Dawn!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Ooooo, Dawn! Love all that green! That is a great tree!

Karen Motz said...

Great card! The patterned paper for the tree top is perfect! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful Dawn! Love the creative layout and warm color!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Stunning! So crisp and beautiful!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Super-CUTE, Dawn! Love the paper pieced tree...just perfect! So far, I'm hanging in there with the new schedule...haven't dropped dead yet! LOL

Taylor said...

So pretty, Dawn! Love that border along the side of the image! Thanks for making this such a fun release day!

Karen Giron said...

So stunning Dawn! I love this layout with the tree, it's beautiful!!

Jacilynn said...

it turned out great. love the greens & browns. Hugs

Rose Ann said...

I love your fun tree, and your fabulous colors!! Sweet!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty - that set looks like so much fun . . and the add ons?!! Great! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

It's super!! Love that border punch and the tree is fabulous!!